Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:56 PM

Default Leftover '08 or when '09 avail for 300?

I've been roadracing in the US with WERA for a couple of years but the costs have really gotten to me (pretty much $1000US a race weekend).

I use to ride all the time during college at Wayne Nat Forest in SE Ohio, damn near kept me from graduating. During those broke college years I had a collection of cool but crappy bikes. '89 KTM 250EXC (totally worn out by the time I got it), '8? Husky 430 auto (badass until the clutch springs broke every 3 hrs), '91 KTM 300EXC (not QUITE as worn out as the '89 but close). I gave up on the 2t and bought a DRZ400e after school. Raced HS for 2 yrs with it. Still trail ride and mostly ride it to work a lot now, great bike, just hugely fat and soft.

Anyway, sold my race R6 and want to buy a 300EC/DE and start racing HS and Enduro's again. It seems like, right now, that the '08's are all sold and the '09's are a month or more from showing up?

I've gotten my options (or more accurately, what I want and appeals to me) down to the GG300, KTM300xcwr-e, Husky wr250. Ready to get back to a 2t for the light weight. Got a bad taste in my mouth for crappy, worn out, always having to change plugs 2t (what made me jump to the DRZ, the thing is an anvil in every sense). Here's the kicker though. I'd like to not spend over $7kUS. Those WR250's are pretty cheap and there are actually '08's still sitting around.

Is there anywhere anyone knows of a new '08 300 or when the '09's will show. And how much? I'm willing to travel some to pick up a bike, part of the adventure. Thanks.

Ready to ride,

Brad

Old 07-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

the dealer here has been able to get a couple of '08s that I know about, look up Cycle Sport USA in Collierville, TN.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Current bikes readily available

2008 EC250's, 300's and FSR450's, 515's are readily available for any dealer in the US. 2009 demo's will be available at the gasgas show in MN on August 24th, with the first full container available within the month after that.

Hope that helps answer your question...