Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 08-16-2010, 05:43 AM

Default NE OK riding

I live in NE OK and I'm looking for the best riding places within a two hour drive, three hour drive would be alright on occasion. I have been looking at the Ozark National Forest in AR on line and on maps and could probably make it to Mena AR or Chester AR and give those trails a go. I tried the Grand Lake dam area and found it to be great for trials, quads or crawler trucks but not so much for enduro bikes. If I go to Arkansas, SW Missouri or SE Kansas do I need a state sticker or pass for my motorcycle?

Is there a place on this website that can hook me up with riding clubs or at least info about trail heads, parking, fees, or top rated spots in this general area. I'm just getting back into riding and I'm not socially connected to any crowds of motorheads like me yet.

Please reply with your favorite riding place in this area and the fees or permits required to ride there as well as any info about riding clubs.

I may enter a scramble or two once I start getting my riding skills and timing back to a reasonable level.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:30 AM

Not sure where you live in NE Oklahoma but 4 hours from Tulsa is the place where I go riding the most and that is Red River Motorcycle trails it is located in Bulcher, Texas. web site is www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com

then there is Cross bars ranch which is located at Davis, OK
web site is http://www.crossbarranch.com

and there is also a place near OKC just north of Draper lake that is called Cross timbers the associations web site is http://www.okiedirtriders.com/index1.htm
Old 08-16-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankydoug View Post
I live in NE OK and I'm looking for the best riding places within a two hour drive, three hour drive would be alright on occasion. I have been looking at the Ozark National Forest in AR on line and on maps and could probably make it to Mena AR or Chester AR and give those trails a go. I tried the Grand Lake dam area and found it to be great for trials, quads or crawler trucks but not so much for enduro bikes. If I go to Arkansas, SW Missouri or SE Kansas do I need a state sticker or pass for my motorcycle?

Is there a place on this website that can hook me up with riding clubs or at least info about trail heads, parking, fees, or top rated spots in this general area. I'm just getting back into riding and I'm not socially connected to any crowds of motorheads like me yet.

Please reply with your favorite riding place in this area and the fees or permits required to ride there as well as any info about riding clubs.

I may enter a scramble or two once I start getting my riding skills and timing back to a reasonable level.
Hey Doug no stickers needed in AR or MO that I know of, check Tulsa Trailriders and OCCRA for other OK info
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 08-17-2010, 07:58 PM

www.stillwater500.com
Old 02-08-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Kansas doesnt have much so i head to the 500...its one of my favorite places to ride and i go there alot

Crosstimbers is another place with 1 way trails in oklahoma city, you can get the pass at ajax kawasaki for 60 bucks

Harescramble wise the forward motion series is pretty sweet in kansas. A bit far for you but i would attend at least the carbondale race if you can. Blackjack enduro series of oklahoma is pretty serious but setup like a true enduro.

http://www.fmhsc.com/
http://blackjackenduro.com/

hip

Last edited by hipsterdufus; 02-09-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:09 PM

Scipio riding area. About 1800 acres. http://www.scipiotrails.org/