Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Site Sponsor

Default GasGas Press Release

We are proud to announce that GAS GAS USA, INC. is the new importer of the GAS GAS Enduro/MX line of Motorcycles and Quads. For more than 18 years, GAS GAS USA, INC. has imported and distributed the Trials line and will now be the sole US importer of the complete line of GAS GAS motorcycles.

GoFasters, a company from Ortonville, MN, will be the parts distributor for the Enduro/MX Motorcycles and Quads. In addition, they will provide technical, warranty and racing support in their role as a partner company with GAS USA, INC. They are very involved in Enduro/MX and Cross Country competition and have been supporting the GAS GAS official factory team in World Enduro Championship (WEC) rounds in North America.

RISING SUN IMPORTS, who has partnered with GAS GAS USA, INC. for more than 18 years with parts distribution, warranties and technical support for the Trials line, will continue in this very important role. They are recognized around the world as one of the best experts and sources of GAS GAS Trials parts and technical information.

We, together with our dealer network, will continue to expand GAS GAS recognition and support for our customers and riders by offering top quality products, along with professional and efficient service and parts.

Dale E. Malasek
GAS GAS USA, INC.
www.gasgas.com

Mark Berg / Steve Berkner
GoFasters
www.gofasters.com

Jim Snell
Rising Sun Imports
www.trialspartsusa.com

Old 11-20-2007, 02:18 PM

Finally an end to the awesome game of do I have parts for my old GasGas. Glad to hear that Steve and Mark will be heading up parts since they are already my favorite offroad parts suppliers and simply great guys to spend your money with. Good Luck and glad to hear it's all G to G.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 PM

Great news!

Mark/Steve,

Now that you are the official parts distributor, will you also function as a parts dealer like you are currently doing?

I have purchased Pampera parts directly from Rising Sun at MSRP, not a trials dealer, so I would think the same logic would apply.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Goals and ambitions

Speaking for Steve as he is still in Chile and for myself, we are very excited and very cautious as well with the new venture coming towards us. Complete details have not been worked out with Spain and I will know more when I return from Spain in December.

We will continue to sell product to customers at MSRP pricing plus frieght but also create tools for the dealers to better assist the customer with parts and new units.

GasGasRider.org has been a huge help for customers and dealers alike and will continue to be of assistance to all of us in the future. Some idea's that we will work on without a definite timeline will be new GasGas branding product, a complete hardparts and aftermarket catalog available in CD and paper version (this will take a while as we intend to include the trials side as well), microfiche to dealers along with price lists available for inventory control systems. These are just of few of the changes that you'll see in the months to come.

Having Dale Malesak take care of the complete line of GasGas machines will be a huge benefit in reducing marketing, advertising, and shipping costs for the GasGas line. He has a big history with GasGas that can only further the product and we look forward to working with him and with Jim at Rising Sun. It will be a long process with many, many headaches along the way, but we love riding GasGas bikes and being a part the GasGas family.....we just want to grow that family here in the US!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yes! Yes! Yes! This announcement really improved my day dramatically.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

This is excellent news!!!

I'm glad to see that GoFasters will be the enduro/mx parts distributor. Mark & Steve are great to work, have a passion for motorcycles, and are committed to the GasGas brand.

It's nice to see that a strong foundation is being established for North America. The future is very bright with a the team consisting of GasGas USA Inc., Rising Sun Imports, and GoFasters.

Mark/Steve,
Will you be focusing only on parts distribution now or will you continue to sell bikes too?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Some idea's that we will work on without a definite timeline will be new GasGas branding product, a complete hardparts and aftermarket catalog available in CD and paper version (this will take a while as we intend to include the trials side as well), ...
Marketing is where KTM has been industry leader. It's nice to hear that GasGas USA will take these lessons learned and now apply them to our brand. Folks who own or have owned GasGas bikes know that there are plenty of parts available. It's just knowing where to find them. There's not too many more hardparts that KTM really offers. With an organized catalog, potential customers feel comfortable knowing parts are easy to obtain. This is what GasGas needs and it can be done... since plenty of aftermarket parts/cross-over parts are out there.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Great news!

Sharing the information here, shows how much respect Gas Gas has for this web site.

Things can only go foward from here on.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:29 PM

This is great news!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 11-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default Great News Indeed

I couldn't be happier. My visit to GoFasters in August 2006 convinced me to go GasGas, and that was without ever riding one of the bikes. I have a need to keep stuff running as long as possible, and with GoFasters handling parts, I know I am good to go.

Congratulations, Steve, Mark, and us, 'cause we all win this time.

blitz