Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:44 PM

Default I think I'm in love

I think I'm in love...with my steering stabilizer. It's that good. I got some money for graduation so I decided to buy a BRP top triple clamp, SUB mount and Scotts stabilizer. The parts came in Friday, I installed them Friday night then this afternoon (Saturday) I went out to a local riding area. This area is right beside the Columbia river and is sandy down low, then sand with river rock mixed in up a little higher, then rocky up even higher. Well, I took off from the pits through the sand and river rock. WOW. What a difference. The front end goes exactly where I want it. No deflections or weird stuff. It's great! The next test was tight trails with random angled logs across it. I backed off the low speed to 11 clicks out and it worked great. I can now attack angled logs with confidence. Hell, all logs. I then headed up to some more open stuff with rocks and the like. Again, the damper did its job. Man, this thing is amazing. Anyone having front end issues, get a steering damper. It's worth it. I will also highly recommend BRP for dampers and mounting kits. Great service, good instructions and top quality parts make life easy. I'm a happy camper.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:50 PM

Like my CTi, I will never ride without one. If I ride someone elses bike without a damper it feels like something is loose up front.

If you havn't done so yet, have your suspension revalved for your weight/ability/terrain. Makes a big difference.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:44 PM

speedy: i've got a few hand made bar risers etc on my bikes,can you get custom made post heights or do you have to go to all stock stuff in order to get a dampner setup to work??
Old 06-17-2007, 11:47 PM

I could easily see modifying the setup for whatever height you wanted. I had to modify my post to fit with the SUB mount. I cut 20mm off the bracket, 15mm off the bottom of the floating post and filed 1-2mm off the top of the floating post. The SUB mount could be milled shorter if you wanted. If I ever get the time, I'm going to design a new SUB mount that is more adjustable.

GMP, I do already have my suspension revalved. My must do modifications for any bike I own are: revalve suspension, steering damper and woods armour (skid plate, pipe guard, rad guards, barkbusters).