Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:03 PM

Default 07 clutch leak

i have an 07 ec300, that has been sitting for about a month now. the clutch housing is leaking, and i dont know why. i had adjusted the plunger on lever, but defaulted it because clutch was slipping, now there is an annoying little puddle under my brand new bike. any suggestions, similar experiences?

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:

Old 06-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

When you say clutch housing are your refering to the clutch cover on the right side or the slave cylinder on the left?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:57 PM

the slave cylinder

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 07-06-2008, 03:35 PM

so i got the clutch bled, put it back into the garage, came back this morning and the whole mother!@#$%^& had drained out. took a blade of grass, easily slid all the way around the slave housing. so, i took it off, again.
put it back on and stripped one of the fecking holes out. i absolutely have to take it to a "professional now.
the slave piston will NOT go flush in the slave housing, i even tried a c-clamp(yes bleed valve was loose), it will not budge at all, and because of it the whole assembly sits about an 8th of an inch off the case. at this point i wish i would have just left the damn thing alone, and worried about a chain wad down the road. im so mad right now im ready to pour gas on it, throw a match and walk away. i never had any kind of problems with maintanence on my xrs. this HUGE pain in the azz is starting to make me wish id nover have bought a new bike at all. all this for 3 bolts, seriously why would you run bolts through something that can leak, to attatch something else? 5 ounces of extra bolts isnt gonna make that much of a difference is it?
and during all this, the clutch functions great, it just loses its fluid overnight.

Last edited by mountain thumper; 07-06-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: more info
Old 07-06-2008, 08:04 PM

got it. took a closer look at the o ring, it was broken, but set in place, so you couldnt see the break. $.35 and a migraine to fix.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:18 PM

Was it always like this, or did it develop over time? The newer GG slaves have no retainer ring, so its possible for the piston to extend as far as possible until it falls out. So what your saying is that the slave will not seat against the case fully and allow the o-ring to clear the edge of the slave housing and drain the fluid, correct? I'm not sure that the piston can be pushed flush with the slave housing, I'll check next time its off. Is it possible that you have a burr on a part preventing the slave from seating? How about a damaged o-ring, thats rolled out of the groove? Shoot some good photos of the parts for me to look at.

BTW, all slaves mount basically the same way, and push a rod through the trans mainshaft. I had the slave of my Ducati off today to change a CS sprocket, and its mounted with three M6 bolts just like the GGs at half the cost.

OK, glad you found it, you beat me to post.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:18 PM

my cam sucks, pics wouldnt help.
i took the whole slave off again today, took out banjo bolt completely and the piston pushed in about an 8th below flush, went back on really easy then, it did however keep slowly pushing itself out, i had to do it quickly.
the oring i replaced went on the slave housing, around the piston sleeve. stopped leaking completely, took it for an hour. its back to where i started, a clutch that doesnt disengage completely, will idle in gear, but i can feel the drag. i think im just going to bleed it a couple more times., when it leaked, it worked awesome, i could pull the clutch in gear and walk it like it was in neutral.