Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:40 PM

Default turbine core 2 repacking

Can anyone tell me how often I should repack my turbine core 2 on my ec250? I only ride for fun and not a "strip it all down after every ride" kind of guy. (or every year come to that!) Does it just get soggy or does it block exhaust gasses too? Should I use FMF packing or would generic packing work as well?
Thanks for any info.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:05 PM

it isnt that hard to do. take off the pipe, then pull the three allen head bolts at the bottom of the pipe, and pull the inner core out. any packing will work, i put moose in mine, its like 12 bucks or something like that from oemcycle.com, but itll take you all of 20 min to do, and it should last quite a long time for what you do with it. girlfriends dad (person im learning to maintain and ride my bike from) replaces his once a season, of hare scrambles and enduros. so 12 bucks and a half an hour once a year should do you nicely.