Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Smile Piston/Head @ 120+ hours - '11 EC200

Slowly working my way through doing the top end on my '11 EC200, taking me a while to figure everything out as this is all new ground to me...so thankful this forum exists.

Anyway, I still need to get the flapper out of the cylinder (any tricks as it's not wanting to come out?); also wondering if I need to remove both retaining clips from the piston? I have the bushing out - didn't know if a new piston kit comes with the clip in one side?

Here are some shots of what things look like. I'm the 2nd owner, original owner said he didn't put more than 10 hours on it and my hour meter is just shy of 120...so there's probably closer to 130 on her.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Have you washed/wiped down the piston in those pics? or had any coolant being used recently. Looks very washed.

With the new one you'll get 2 x clips in the kit. I usually install one first on the bench. Getting the second one in once the piston and pin are on the rod is where most people have the most fun.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Have you washed/wiped down the piston in those pics? or had any coolant being used recently. Looks very washed.

With the new one you'll get 2 x clips in the kit. I usually install one first on the bench. Getting the second one in once the piston and pin are on the rod is where most people have the most fun.
Only wiped off with rag, nothing else. When you say looks washed, like soap and water washed or something else?

Thanks for the info on the kit, I'll get at the first clip installed, then cross my fingers on the 2nd. Just about took an eye out getting the original out...damn thing sprung across the garage
Old 07-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Washed, like very little carbon buildup on the crown. Either happens when water gets in and the steam cleans it, or rich jetting not bringing things up hot enough for carbon to form.

Piston looks good though. Some minor wear on the piston, most the coating still in tact, little in the way of blow by.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Washed, like very little carbon buildup on the crown. Either happens when water gets in and the steam cleans it, or rich jetting not bringing things up hot enough for carbon to form.
Hmmm, don't think any water's been in there. My guess is it'd be rich jetting from those two. Plug could be a little lighter, might try going a notch higher on the needle.