Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 03-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default pics of my 08 stock

Here are a few pics of my new 300. Well except for the front fender brace and number plate together mod and a LTR case saver its completly stock. More mods and goodies to come tommorow. It'll be a complete day in the garage.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 03-29-2008, 07:48 AM

That looks sweet.. by the way is that an 07 or 08 JK behind it?
Steve
Old 03-29-2008, 09:15 AM

Nice Roscoe. Did you get the fender brace/grab/plate holder? Mine was in the crate. Without it the fender is a little weak and no where to grab, seems designed to have it in place. The plate holder may be cut off.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Well except for the front fender brace and number plate together mod
What is this mod? I've never heard of it. Is it something only for new bikes? I have an 04 & took the brace off because it was forcing the front of the fender down & looked goofy. Sweet looking bike by the way!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
That looks sweet.. by the way is that an 07 or 08 JK behind it?
Steve
Yep, that is my other 2008 toy trail machine. Its a 2 door Rubicon and the 4th jeep product Ive owned, and by far the best. My only complaint would be it could have used a little more torque output from the motor. The drive quality is awesome compared to my modded 92 YJ Wrangler I owned.

This thing is luxury for a Wrangler, compared to what Ive been used to. fully loaded with a Migig and power windows, locks, remote start the list goes on. Life time warranty is a nice piece of mind. Only an extra $1800 got me the bumper to bumper lifetime warranty to go with the Lifetime power train warranty.

OK enough about my new jeep lets get back to bike talk.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Nice Roscoe. Did you get the fender brace/grab/plate holder? Mine was in the crate. Without it the fender is a little weak and no where to grab, seems designed to have it in place. The plate holder may be cut off.
Unfortunately it did not come in the bag. I ordered a Tugger for it. link below.

http://www.thetugger.com/

The other thing it did not come with is the exhaust gasket for the pipe and muffler junction. Barely rode it and already spooge is getting all over! Ordered one of those also.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider01 View Post
What is this mod? I've never heard of it. Is it something only for new bikes? I have an 04 & took the brace off because it was forcing the front of the fender down & looked goofy. Sweet looking bike by the way!
IMO you want your front fender pointed down or else the air gets under it. Aerodynamics. I guess thats why after 04 they redesigned the fender to point down toward the front tire more and have kept it pointing down through the last couple of front fender designs.

The brace on the newer model fenders don't force the fender down, the fender is molded that way the only thing the brace really does is stabilize it and make it more rigid so when it gets caked with heavy mud its not flopping around as much and less likely to crack at its mounts.

If you want to run the fender brace and the MX plate you have to do some mods to the plate and brace. I take a Dremel and grind off about half of the length of the numberplate pins that hold the bottom of the number plate in the aluminum anchor plate. But you also have to grind about a quarter inch off the upper part of the fender brace where it connects to the triple clamp. Or the number plate pins will interfere with the brace and not be sturdy.
A little time and thought and you can run them together. I always have cause its wet up here!

Roscoe

Old 03-29-2008, 07:26 PM

GMP is talking about the rear fender. There is a plastic piece for the rear light and plate that stiffens the fender and adds a little beef to where you would grab the fender. Nick
Old 03-30-2008, 10:00 AM

Thanks for clearing that up. The one I have must already have this done as it has the MX plate instead of a light.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 AM

Default Power Core tail pipe

I see you guys in the US have Gnarly-power core exhausts. My euro '08 has the standard front pipe and long "banana" silencer. I've been thinking of changing the silencer for a shorter powercore for better low end response. What do you think?

Yz 250 '06, KTM exc 250 '05, exc 250 '04, exc 250 '02
WRF250 '02, KDX 220 '98, DT200R '93 all sold