Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 05-13-2009, 10:29 AM

Default Rekluse EXP Clutch

Just saw this on the Rekluse website: http://www.rekluse.com/exp2.shtml

If they make this available for a GasGas, I'd be stoked. I have my Rekluse Z-start basically setup as an anti-stall feature (10 tungsten balls with a knobby, 15 tungsten balls with a trials tire, softest engagement spring) with very little slip.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:44 PM

Price and availability list here http://www.rekluse.com/Retail%20Pricing%20EXP.pdf

Rekluse was supposed to be working on the Pro model clutch for the GG according to a few reports I read so I wouldn't hold my breath for this $$$ gem. I will be very interested to see a review of one though.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
Just saw this on the Rekluse website: http://www.rekluse.com/exp2.shtml

If they make this available for a GasGas, I'd be stoked. I have my Rekluse Z-start basically setup as an anti-stall feature (10 tungsten balls with a knobby, 15 tungsten balls with a trials tire, softest engagement spring) with very little slip.
I couldn't get mine to work for me. It came with the bike (EC200).
If I ran a soft enough spring & enough Tungsten balls so it engaged solidly I couldn't get the idle low enough to stop it stalling. Having gone back to conventional I notice I have a hell of clutch pull so I'm wondering if someone has put uprated clutch springs in or there's some other issue. Works fine though. Just takes more lever pressure than my old 300 and my 450!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:14 PM

I use the lightest spring, no washers, 10 tungsten balls and set the gap at 0.030"-0.032" and never have any problems. It does stall sometimes on long downhills if I don't blip the throttle, but otherwise it's great.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
I use the lightest spring, no washers, 10 tungsten balls and set the gap at 0.030"-0.032" and never have any problems. It does stall sometimes on long downhills if I don't blip the throttle, but otherwise it's great.
I have the same setup with one washer. Adjust your float about 1-2mm from the spec, the bike floods going down hill causing the stall.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:13 PM

I rode a buddy's 2010 KTM450SX that was equipped with the EXP.

Simply flawless.

Any more word from the gents at Rekluse?
Old 11-13-2009, 01:23 AM

I feel a bit left out with a GasGas. I'd like the Pro but it seems there's insufficient market for them to produce one. Would've thought it'd be similar enough to one of the main names not to be a big deal.

I've moved my Rekluse to the 450 and it seems much better on that as the idle is steadier than my 200. I may need to adjust the spring lighter though. It's ok for all but very low speed at the moment. Going to do one event and then adjust as the plates were new so the gap will need adjusting I expect but I set that a little tight (disengages fine) so should be ok for one race.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:22 AM

I visited the Rekluse display at the Las Vegas Maxxis Enduro Cross finals this weekend. I got the same story as last year. "We are in development." But Rekluse R&D is behind in even developing the model for the 250 four stroke market, let alone the 250/300 2-stroke market.

This leaves me to lean toward getting the original Z-Start and save a few bucks. Maybe get the EXP in a couple years when I get a new bike.

I'd surely like to replace that clutch basket with a new, slickery one.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:37 AM

I think it was Mark of Go Fasters in the 07-10 oversize tank thread mention he had a "very nice conversation" with Rekluse regarding the new EXP clutch so maybe they really are working on it? Maybe he has something more he could share with us?

The thing is everything I have read so far indicates the Pro model would be better for off road work than the EXP which is better fo MX. Even the guys at Rekluse have mentioned this in threads I have read. Beggers can't be choosers I guess so if it's the EXP so be it. Definately an upgrade over the original Z-Start.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:17 AM

Here's what Mark said in the Clarke tank thread...

Quote:
...Next up, EXP Rekluse clutch! Had a great conversation with Rekluse today....
When I talked to the Rekluse rep at EnduroCross, he wasn't willing to comment on development time tables but said he had a lot of bikes (250 four-strokes) ahead of the Gas Gas. I asked, "2011? 2012?" He just stared at me.

Additionally, he said that the EXP on it's lightest setting is tighter than the Rekluse Pro on its heaviest setting. The EXP is designed to transfer power to the tire quickly.

So, for that reason, he said that the EXP is said to be more for MX. Since Rekluse has decided to skip Gasser R&D on the Pro for the EXP, they have it exactly backwards. That is, unless they make the EXP more adjustable towards the softer end.