Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 08-16-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerhag View Post
I have had a hard time with my 2010 sachs fortk. Very harsch ride on rocks and roots. I somehow diagonsed the problem to be too soft springs. original 4.2 was replaced with 4.5, but that was not enough.
I wouldn't have agreed with you until yesterday's root-fest, but now I think my Sachs forks are officially harsh.

What model are you riding (EC or Race)? Your weight? Riding level? How did you decide it was spring rate?

Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters

Old 08-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I wouldn't have agreed with you until yesterday's root-fest, but now I think my Sachs forks are officially harsh.

What model are you riding (EC or Race)? Your weight? Riding level? How did you decide it was spring rate?
I have the EC model. I'm sportin 107 kg without gear. riding level, say intermediate amateur. In the amatuer races here in sweden i usually end up in the middle of the results. I ride for fun and exercise.
The conclusion of spring rate beeing wrong was based on that it felt almost ok going uphill and absolutely terrible in steeper downhills. also the the race-tech spring rate calculator for all the bikes I tried using it for recommended ~4.9 N/mm.

So front are now 5.0 N/mm, rear 60 N/mm. Funny thing was, that with the front springs too soft I could hardly feel what was happening in the rear. Now I can feel a change with two clicks on rebound.

With the fornt springs at 4.5 N/mm, my hands were so badly hammered it took out all the fun in riding.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:53 PM

Berger: You might want to look at your mid-valve to lessen hand thrashing. I pulled a .2 x25 out of the mid-valve and replaced it with a .1x24. Increased float by 0.1 and reduced the overall rate of the mid-valve stack.
Trial by fire today - much better action on yet another gnarly rooted- and rutted course ... until I ran over my tongue I usually don't do suspension adjustments in the middle of a race but I stopped to back off the rear HS compression 1/4 turn as well. I wasn't alone either ... at one point or another I think half the racers were in for adjustments.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerhag View Post
I have the EC model. I'm sportin 107 kg without gear. riding level, say intermediate amateur. In the amatuer races here in sweden i usually end up in the middle of the results. I ride for fun and exercise.
The conclusion of spring rate beeing wrong was based on that it felt almost ok going uphill and absolutely terrible in steeper downhills. also the the race-tech spring rate calculator for all the bikes I tried using it for recommended ~4.9 N/mm.

So front are now 5.0 N/mm, rear 60 N/mm. Funny thing was, that with the front springs too soft I could hardly feel what was happening in the rear. Now I can feel a change with two clicks on rebound.

With the fornt springs at 4.5 N/mm, my hands were so badly hammered it took out all the fun in riding.
I'd venture to guess that even the .5 kg per mm springs are to light for you. My calculations put you at 235 without gear, more like 260 geared up with water. I'd suggest you try running 10 mm preload on those springs. All things being equal I run .52's on my Beta, yes the bike is heavier but I'm in around 200 lb's no gear. With the lighter .48 stockers I had to stop riding the bike , it was deflecting that badly.

Last edited by widebear; 09-09-2010 at 11:16 AM.