Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:45 PM

Default 2015 EC 300 Countershaft seal

A RET?N SALIDA CAMBIO SIFHT SEAL #ME25636046
This is what i get for buying a GASGAS i guess and not listening to all my friends and getting a more common bike.
I'm in the process of doing a top end rebuild and while i have the motor off the bike figured i'd change the kicker shaft since its been broke for months and i've been pop starting but also i am changing worn parts like the countershaft sprocket and bearing plus seal. but to order each of the parts from the only website i can find parts is tedious and expensive. https://www.ktm-parts.com/ME25636046.html

Does anyone have any good websites for ordering parts other than ebay, amazon, or aomc.mx?
I am tired of not knowing if parts will fit my bike and ordering them anyway taking chances.
Why doesn't gasgas have parts other than trials bikes listed on there site for sale? How do you sale a 2015-2018 e-start bike and not offer any of the parts? I am really tempted to get this together nice and running and sell, then make the move to husqavarna or beta. Perferably beta (but nervous they would be the same)
It's cool and all to be on a bike nobody else has around my city but taking it for major repairs and getting parts is beginning to be a drag.
Hopefully signing up for this forum you guys can help change my mind and i can continue to be the 2stroke loving braaaper i was when i bought this money pit!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gasgas motor out.jpg (127.0 KB, 21 views)

Old 01-09-2018, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Check out
https://www.gasgaspartsguy.com/m/index.htm

I just bought the counter shaft seal kit.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Check out
https://www.gasgaspartsguy.com/m/index.htm

I just bought the counter shaft seal kit.
Thanks very much gasgasman! I really appreciate the fast response. Should of joined this forum back in 2016...
Old 01-10-2018, 03:55 AM

2nd hand kickstart shaft from an earlier model is the ticket mate,they don't have that stupid unwanted groove that takes away the torsional strength.
Try ebay,I've found some there..
Old 01-10-2018, 06:54 AM

I've never had problems getting parts for any of the three Gas Gas models I own.

https://www.gasgaspartsguy.com/index.htm

Matto's Cycle (website listed above) has been great to deal with.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocams View Post
2nd hand kickstart shaft from an earlier model is the ticket mate,they don't have that stupid unwanted groove that takes away the torsional strength.
Try ebay,I've found some there..
I have heard this but unfortunately already have the OEM kicker shaft from AOMC.MX but it came only the shaft itself so i will have to disassemble the parts and re-assemble.

You would think they sell it as an assembled kit.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:50 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by risk74 View Post
I've never had problems getting parts for any of the three Gas Gas models I own.

https://www.gasgaspartsguy.com/index.htm

Matto's Cycle (website listed above) has been great to deal with.
I have because i couldn't find any of these parts websites using google but I thank you very kindly. I have already visted gasgaspartsguy.com and spent close to 300$ and have several nice things on the way. so glad i joined and got help.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braaaplifejonesing View Post
I have heard this but unfortunately already have the OEM kicker shaft from AOMC.MX but it came only the shaft itself so i will have to disassemble the parts and re-assemble.

You would think they sell it as an assembled kit.
You wont have any problems swapping over the parts (spring ,plastic spacer and ratchet assembly) DO take note on the spring and ratchet location on dissassembly!!!
Take some pics so you don't get lost!
Old 01-11-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocams View Post
You wont have any problems swapping over the parts (spring ,plastic spacer and ratchet assembly) DO take note on the spring and ratchet location on dissassembly!!!
Take some pics so you don't get lost!
Oh yes definetly taking lots of pictures as it is my first time disassembling a gasgas ec300
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gas gas motor dirty.jpg (116.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg gas gas motor dirty 3.jpg (119.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg gas gas motor dirty 2.jpg (122.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg gas gas motor 3.jpg (120.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg gasgas motor 1.jpg (125.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-11-2018, 08:19 PM

I may have an older kickstarter assembly and the countershaft parts for you. I'll check Saturday when I get home.