Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 AM

Default DRZ Cam on FSE 450?

As the title, does the exhaust camshaft from a DRZ400 -00-09 fit straight into the Gasgas FSE 450 -02? Or how mutch do i need to change?

I live in Sweden and here you can't get your hands on gasgas parts for less than the value of your bike.

I can order the DRZ cam on ebay.

What have happened is that the autodecomp is broken. Tried to repair it by hamering down a ("r?rsprint") to fix the decomp. And then a smaller one inside the first. Even this failed and everything is so tiny i can't reach to weld it on. The bike worked great until my reapair broke.

So, does anyone know if the DRZ cam shaft fits or if there is another that does? Wouldn't mind if there is a model that don't have this stupid construction. Who made this part? Feel like I wanna call him and yell.

Please help me!

Old 04-04-2012, 01:23 PM

well, I ordered this camshaft. By the look of the picture it should fit right away, so I hope it won't be too much work getting it in place.

I'm also taking the old cam to a welder tomorrow to see if he can make a new spare part and fit it in the autodecomp.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

There's a guy on the Australian Gas Gas forums that put a DRZ cam in his Gas Gas.
I posted a link a while back. I'll have to dig it up.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Search high and low for my post, could not find it.

Here's one that is close.........
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...light=hot+cams
Old 04-05-2012, 04:00 AM

I put a drz hotcam in my 08 gasgas. You can see some photos here. If you have any more questions just ask.

I have heard that the drz cam goes straight into the early GG400's. Somewhere along the line they made changes to the cam and head casting. If you're lucky the 02 head will be the same as the drz one.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the tips!

I tried to fix the autodecomp today by drilling and fitting a 3mm pinn where the 2mm pin was. Hoping this will last until the new cam arrives. The motor starts easy but wont stay running, and now the fule pump just died.

I truly hate this bike, I've owned it for 2 years and nothing but trouble. Last summer I used it maybe 4-5hrs i May, then the starter clutch boke and i had parts everywhere in the motor. And right after I fixed that, the camshaft broke. So I parked it in the garage.

Tags
drz cam 450