Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:36 PM

I have 2 official tech bulletins .pdf with all of the info and fixes here. too big to upload but i can email them to anyone. Also one for the front axle which on some bikes was machined too thin and can potentially snap.

not really sure who to turn too now, guess i could buy a new CDI but that sucks.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:35 PM

Kiwigasgas, normal warranty steps in Aus/NZ is to take the bike to your dealer, they inspect the bike, lodge a query to the importer, they check the VIN and right procedure with Spain and then get back to you.

Have you had he bike from new? What is it?s history?
Old 08-10-2018, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwigasgas View Post
I have 2 official tech bulletins .pdf with all of the info and fixes here. too big to upload but i can email them to anyone. Also one for the front axle which on some bikes was machined too thin and can potentially snap.

not really sure who to turn too now, guess i could buy a new CDI but that sucks.
Seems GasGas dealership is not at full professional level yet, let's hope they get that right over time.

I was called to bring the CDI in and got it back updated, I was also asked to check the front axle on my bike and on my friends.

I never was called because of this and my dealer has no information

Quote:
2018 EC/XC/GP Clutch Hub Nut

OE clutch hub lock washer will not prevent the clutch hub nut from coming loose. Updated washer available. #TB-GG-17-09
Old 08-10-2018, 02:47 PM

I didn't own the bike from new, was a shop soiled one that got stolen and recovered, was only 2 hours old.

Really that is irrelivent though, just had my friend have his 2006 Ktm 990 with 70000kms on it in under warranty.

They know there are problems, all it stands to do is made bad publicity, bikes out there that don't work properly.

Seems silly to have to book it in for a known problem, also the time frame would be substantial I'm guessing.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:45 PM

Smile

Hey kiwigasgas was talking to Linton at DAS in ChCh during the week and he say gasgas nz been taken over by somebody else just resently and is a bit of a shitfight at moment ! He no longer gg agent for no apparent reason , so you might not have any luck anywhere with dealers as I'm sure some of them don't know where they stand , on a side note has any of you guys having starter issues tried sealing starter housing and adding oil , I have a 17 it didn't start so good spoke to Linton and that's what he suggested I do , now my starter works fine , good battery fully charged helps heaps too !!!!! Good luck , oh now I remember gg nz getting run out of Aus ,
Old 08-11-2018, 09:43 AM

GasGas have a dealer network in New Zealand. I am sure they can all order bikes and parts. I can?t see shops unsure where they stand. The latest importer has been in place for almost a year.

Just take it to a dealer and let them go over it. No one ever fixed a bike complaining on a forum. If your bike was stolen and ridden, I would want to see it to diagnose it myself at my shop.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:47 PM

Perhaps there could be a GG app created that interfaces owners, dealers & the factory so upgrades, recalls & other technical info can be shared in a timely & efficient manner?
Old 08-22-2018, 01:11 AM

its a good idea to link all the dealers but i dont think they want to escalate it to the official recall status.

Tried my local dealer and they just seem to want to charge me for what i already know, tried to get usa on board but they are not responding.

Finally bought a new starter motor and a new battery and exactly the same. its like the starter is trying to turn over a V8. Does anybody have any suggestions as im out of ideas and im pretty mechanically savvy.

bearing in mind this is even jump starting from a car battery straight to the motor to test to eliminate the leads, solenoid, earthing ect

Suppose its flywheel ect off next but not sure what that is going to prove
Old 08-22-2018, 03:24 AM

Default New flywheel and CDI unit

I made some inquiries directly through GasGas Motos on their facebook messanger explaining the issues that i was having with my bike starting. I then asked what the updates were on the 2019 starter and electrical system and could they be retro fitted to my 2018.
They promptly asked me to send the CDI serial number and sent it to their techs. They were very polite and helpful.
A week and a half later I got a call from my dealer to say they had received a new CDI unit and flywheel for my bike.
I just picked bike up and it starts first press of the button and instantly, no continuous turning over like before, it runs smoother and is considerably quieter and less tinny at idle. I havent been for a proper ride yet but from what I have seen so far its a more refined beast now...
It was done under warranty.
GasGas have been great at following this up. From my experience it pays to speak directly to people that have the power to get the ball rolling.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:19 AM

Dealers are now able to update the size of the negative and positive main power cables from the battery, to the relay, and to the starter motor. Mine has been done, 2018 EC250GP and it works flawlessly on the stock battery. Good luck with it.