Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:35 PM

That was a good read Bukwheat, you've been doing this a long time. When I told a buddy of mine I got a GG he said " What is wrong with you? Why didn't you buy a good ole American Jap bike?" He'd been raggin me about my Hunkofvarnish now he's really having fun with this. Too bad he's 1800 miles away or I'd let him ride it to see his expression.

Your right Bukwheat, it's good to step outside the box and I'm sure i'll learn from the experience.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KicksonR66 View Post

I would like to know how KTMtalk was able to get a bike to Dirt Riders 24HR test, this would be a great way to get attention. They have a guy from GB riding a Gas Gas thats riding on Knights tail and there missing a great opportunity. The most recent Dirt rider magazine mentioned Knight coming in first with a pic of him on his KTM but only mentioned the Gas Gas rider.

John
Two years ago Dirt Rider had a GasGas in the 24hrs and a lot of the things they said were not even true, what's the use in letting a magazine have your bike if they just print false statements. Seems more clear now than ever, if your not advertising in a mag the mag will subtly ignore you or print crap.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:40 AM

What did they say? I suppose it doesn't matter, I have read some of those same statements by readers of the mag. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in.

Good Day
Old 04-03-2007, 07:58 AM

I don't think it's all about advertising.

The main problem was that Gas Gas sent bikes in a crate and no one to set them up or maintain them, so they got beat up in the testing. They just didn't have the resources to supply both a crew AND a bike.

They decided it was better to not send a bike - rather than get beat to snot in a national mag because no one at the test knew how to adjust their own clickers on the forks.

Husaberg has done well in the mag tests because they have regional dealers who have stepped up to the plate to support the bikes at the national level by assembling a crew to set up and maintain the bikes. I can see Iron Mountain doing more of this type of promotion with Gas Gas.

GG needs to find a dealer willing to support the bikes at a national level and a good crew of volunteers willing to follow the bike around and take care of it.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:02 AM

Thumbs up Your on a what!

It makes me laugh when some people i pull up an have a yarn with ask is it a 250 or 400 honda,about the only people who know what a gas gas is, are people who have come England .It's a bloody great product an good on anyone who have the balls an go out an get hold of great bike.My dealer in Perth W.A Tyres for Bikes sticks his neck to supply these great bikes only one in western australia , if they were better advertised i'm sure he would be swamped with orders an everything follows from that like parts supply an more dealers.Keep up the good work on the site it's easier to look after 20 kids than a internet site. Cheers Barry.