Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 10:15 AM

I've never met you Rod, but hopefully they can straighten this all out and get back to business so that you don't REALLY have to live "In a van down by the river" Too many unemployed people already.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:04 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCG61 View Post
I've never met you Rod, but hopefully they can straighten this all out and get back to business so that you don't REALLY have to live "In a van down by the river" Too many unemployed people already.
I will share why I use that....My first dealership gig back in 84, I actually did live in my van in the dealership parking lot for 9 months. I couldn't afford to pay rent in the town where I worked, and still make a house payment back home, where my wife and new baby were living so...I camped out for nearly a year until our house sold. I lived off bologna and cold chicken noodle soup 5 days a week, took "rag baths" in the men's room each morning, and drove home on weekends to see my family.

Never forget waking up one morning before sun up, reached up to start the engine and let the heater run awhile but nothing happened. Got out to see what the problem was...and someone had stolen the battery out of the van while I was asleep. After that, the dealership owner locked me inside the shop at night and I slept on the floor of an empty office.

The good times....
Old 10-30-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
I will share why I use that....My first dealership gig back in 84, I actually did live in my van in the dealership parking lot for 9 months. I couldn't afford to pay rent in the town where I worked, and still make a house payment back home, where my wife and new baby were living so...I camped out for nearly a year until our house sold. I lived off bologna and cold chicken noodle soup 5 days a week, took "rag baths" in the men's room each morning, and drove home on weekends to see my family.

Never forget waking up one morning before sun up, reached up to start the engine and let the heater run awhile but nothing happened. Got out to see what the problem was...and someone had stolen the battery out of the van while I was asleep. After that, the dealership owner locked me inside the dealership at night and I slept on the floor of an empty office.

The good times....
True testament of WORKING for what you want, have and need. This country would be better is more people thought and acted like yourself.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bravo View Post
True testament of WORKING for what you want, have and need. This country would be better is more people thought and acted like yourself.
Thank you for saying sir. I just had to follow my dream, at any and all cost. That's how much I loved this sport and the business, and still do today. Some people don't understand (even one particular hater here on the forum) but when you have invested 32 years of your life into something your that passionate about....you don't quit or run and hide when times get hard...you stay and fight.

Nuff said. Sorry to have gotten off track.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Thank you for saying sir. I just had to follow my dream, at any and all cost. That's how much I loved this sport and the business, and still do today. Some people don't understand (even one particular hater here on the forum) but when you have invested 32 years of your life into something your that passionate about....you don't quit or run and hide when times get hard...you stay and fight.

Nuff said. Sorry to have gotten off track.
Excellently said, good on you Rod The tenacity and character reflected is something many could take to heart. And I think it's not off track - this is the type of behavior that keeps things alive and moving forward - regardless of the brand associated.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bravo View Post
I bought my first house when I was 25, I was single and I saved every dollar that I made to make the down payment, I drove a 1971 Plymouth Valiant to work every day, that car was so ugly that my boss made me park it out back behind the office. It had so much rust, that you could throw a cat through both sides of it. I think I drove that thing for about 2 1/2 years. On the good side that thing had hillbilly side pipes and was a rocket.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 11-05-2015, 04:20 AM

Here is another post from the workers union:

Good morning, are difficult times, the current situation in both politics and economics work against a sustainable recovery that stability to a country.
However a brand of motorcycles trying to survive
in this sea of mud which is complex out.
After ten months with a factory shutdown due to a battle of interests between partners and banks, after they exhausted all legal periods it gives a contest, sinking deeper into oblivion brand. After the judicial bureaucracy come into our process and curb further our survival.
We've got a brand wants to acquire our company and provide continuity.
The social part does not stop working and find solutions to survive, as all users who have one of our vehicles, many efforts being made by both workers, suppliers and importers to serve as spares.
You have to understand that in the midst of this process is not being easy, economic hardship is one of them.
We know the importance of continuity, it's our future but also a sector, so choose Torrot, the best, not only economic but because it gives us more choice of vehicles to compete and grow in various markets, a brand subrogated to 55 national workers and that within 18 months recover contracts priority those colleagues who are affected by an ERE.
After almost a year unemployed, the workers' representatives believe we could have gone much worse.
Ja our work is done, we presented today at the commercial court our position by the bidder Torrot. Now is the PWH trustee who has to decide which is the best deal and issue its report, also the judge who must determine and award without delay. If you are not able to award before November 18 we will lose our commercial network.

Link to source
https://www.facebook.com/rltgasgas/p...798590719868:0
Old 11-05-2015, 07:54 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Sounds like good news then?
Old 11-05-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Sounds like good news then?
Sounds like they hope the judge/review board makes a decision by next Wednesday more than anything.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 11-05-2015, 08:34 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Sounds like they hope the judge/review board makes a decision by next Wednesday more than anything.
That is kinda what i got out of it....
Closed Thread