Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2018, 05:36 PM

Default Bike smokes a lot when on the pipe - right side crank seal?

I have an 05 EC250. The bike runs very well except that it smokes a lot when I get on the pipe. I have been riding with it like this for a season already (about 20hrs). I don’t ride on the pipe that much, only on hill climbs which we don’t have a lot of where I ride.
I installed a Lectron carb last week in hopes of this problem going away but it is still smokes the same. Could it be the right side crank seal? The bike runs strong otherwise. I plan on replacing this bike within the next two years so I don’t really want to split the cases and do a complete rebuild.
Has anyone had luck with replacing the seal without splitting the cases? It looks like there is an inner bushing which could be removed first and then pull the seal out.

(I’ve hijacked a picture RockefellerGG’s rebuild thread that shows the bushing)

IMG_8686.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk