Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:08 PM

sorry I forgot to mention: I dont think its fuel starvation, the reason being I ride with several friends on various bikes (ktm exc 300, yam wr250f, honda cr250, husky 400f and suz rm 250) we often compare fuel usage at the end of the day and my bike has always used the most. By quite a bit.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:20 PM

From the description it really sounds like the PV is sticking or the PV governor mechanism is messed up. Have you removed the cover and watched the mechanism move properly with no jerkyness? It also sounds like your float level could be adjusted lower (may help the mileage). When you tip the bike to the side how far over can you go before gas starts coming out? If it's only a little way lower the float height until the bike can lean over about 45 degrees without leaking out the overflow. When's the last time you had a look inside the ignition cover? Those things fill with crap if not attended to and should really be removed to dry after every wash IMO. Again, different gas cap maybe? And you really did have a 42T sprocket on it? How could you even ride it that way off road?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:39 AM

About 6 months ago I did have a problem with the float level and needle, I took out the needle and there was a bit of crap in there causing the needle to seat to high. I removed this and lowered the float, you are totally correct the bike can now basically lay on its side before overflow.
I have never removed the ignition cover, thats sounds like a good avenue to persue. As for the gas cap; I have a vented gasg cap. Yes, it is runnng 42T, very small I know. But not really a problem, Im used to it, just want the bike to work correctly, I have had the power valve cover off to watch it operate and it all seems ok.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:41 AM

How can I tell if the pv governer mechanism is messed up and how do I adjust it if so?
Thanks for your help by the way.