Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 AM

I made a (hopefully objective) post in that thread as well. There is definitely of lot of orange-ade drinkers over there that have no experience or knowledge from which they speak. But it's like my daddy always said, "son everyone has a right to their own opinion, no matter how idiotic and ridiculous it might be".

I'm not going to bash on KTM though. I owned 4 of them and they all were great running, highly-reliable bikes. Like any bike they all had little issues here and there to deal with, but I too see KTM now as another manufacturing behemoth that has all of mankind to attend to. I originally went orange because they had the product and they were not too risky an investment, but now if you own one you are just one of the crowd. Problem is that crowd now includes all the same type folk we used to associate with the Japanese owner crowd. I choose to be different and we are lucky that there are quality, lesser known alternatives out there like GG. I'm all for GG prospering and growing, but hopefully they will never be fielding a motogp bike.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:19 AM

Many people will say what they want to believe rather than look at the facts and objectively make a choice or some will make up their mind and then search for supporting facts to back up their choice while ignoring the unwanted evidence. Having a dealer close by might be a deal maker or breaker for a lot of people. If it doesn't bother a guy to mail order parts then IMO a Gasser is a better deal.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:22 PM

I just got a new 300 KTM EXC - very happy with it so far. I find it very funny how serious some people get over their brands etc - similar to Nikon vs Canon, BMW vs Mercedes, Mac vs PC - list goes on and on. My next bike might well be a GG again - I like having the choice. Both are great bikes - bottom line. If it puts a on your face when you ride, I don't care what name is on the side of the bike.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtienneNZ View Post
I just got a new 300 KTM EXC - very happy with it so far. I find it very funny how serious some people get over their brands etc - similar to Nikon vs Canon, BMW vs Mercedes, Mac vs PC - list goes on and on. My next bike might well be a GG again - I like having the choice. Both are great bikes - bottom line. If it puts a on your face when you ride, I don't care what name is on the side of the bike.
Agree,I go riding with a varied group of bikes,even quads on occassions.We have in common a love of riding in the dirt & forest,not what we are riding.Sometimes people forget this.
Can't fault the KTM 300.What was the main reason for choosing the KTM?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
Can't fault the KTM 300.What was the main reason for choosing the KTM?
I rode a demo and it just felt great in stock setup - also good dealer support. Wish I could keep both bikes, but I needed the $$ so the GG had to go.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtienneNZ View Post
I rode a demo and it just felt great in stock setup - also good dealer support.
You betcha! The KTM 300 is a terrific bike as is most all the KTM line. And its great to have a choice. I agree wholeheartedly with youse guys.

The b!tch I have is with people talkin' out the butts about something they don't know jack about and thats why I started this tirade to begin with.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwheat View Post
The b!tch I have is with people talkin' out the butts about something they don't know jack about and thats why I started this tirade to begin with.
LOL - know exactly what you mean - always a few of these idiots around!
Old 07-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

What would you know Etienne,you have a KTM so your gay,& mine has more power bands,& KTM's are real slow & stuff,they always blow up & have no linkage I don't know what that is but I HAVE ONE & you don't,& they are made in Austrialasialand & thay have crap engineers,& I smoked my mates kids SX50,& Gasgas rules cause it has 3 more letters than KTM,KTMKTM would just sound dumb,gasgas has cool stuff on it cause the sales guys said so & he said the motors are made by chongchin in China so you can't get parts but you can order a mean beef blackbean & rice from your dealer.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
What would you know Etienne,you have a KTM so your gay,& mine has more power bands,& KTM's are real slow & stuff,they always blow up & have no linkage I don't know what that is but I HAVE ONE & you don't,& they are made in Austrialasialand & thay have crap engineers,& I smoked my mates kids SX50,& Gasgas rules cause it has 3 more letters than KTM,KTMKTM would just sound dumb,gasgas has cool stuff on it cause the sales guys said so & he said the motors are made by chongchin in China so you can't get parts but you can order a mean beef blackbean & rice from your dealer.
LOL! Do you have the red power bands or the green power bands?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudwasp View Post
Or you can get a Gas Gas and it will just turn. Most of the KTM sheep think their bikes are perfect because they've never ridden a better turning bike. I was at the WY National Enduro and Bruce Dalton, owner of Motoadventure Kawasaki and now a GG dealer, won his class. He told me he never won it until he got on the GG. He introduced me to the guy who got second in the class but who always won the class when Bruce was riding a Kaw. That guy told me his next bike would be a GG.

I'm a friend of bruces- that man HAD green blood!
You can't imagine how happy it made me when out on a trail ride with him(when he took a Kawaski) he says"I wish i brought my Gas Gas" .
Jeanette,
You helped convince him! Thanks!
Clay