Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Banned

Default port timing specs

[QUOTE=socalscott;23296]The cause is likely to be that the cylinder is sitting quite low.

Contacted Bob of North Tahoe MotorSports. He wasn't surprised when my concerned brother ask about raising the cylinder/ports .095". Bob said he was on the right track and that he can provide custom gaskets of .035" and .057". Well now, that's .092" init.

You guys are getting off easy.Just did a preliminary measurement on the mc 250 prior to splitting the cases. Looks like I need to raise the cylinder 0.11 inches to get the transfers and exhaust port to completly open, hope to get the degree wheel on in the next few days for some port timing specs.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalscott View Post
The cause is likely to be that the cylinder is sitting quite low.

Contacted Bob of North Tahoe MotorSports. He wasn't surprised when my concerned brother ask about raising the cylinder/ports .095". Bob said he was on the right track and that he can provide custom gaskets of .035" and .057". Well now, that's .092" init..
Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
[You guys are getting off easy.Just did a preliminary measurement on the mc 250 prior to splitting the cases. Looks like I need to raise the cylinder 0.11 inches to get the transfers and exhaust port to completly open, hope to get the degree wheel on in the next few days for some port timing specs.
This is not good....
Old 01-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Banned

I'm sure its not a huge deal as the port width may be more important than its height in how a engines power characteristics are going to be exhibited. Correcting it is going to effect how many degrees of crankshaft rotation the the port window remains open as well as its effects on scavaging. Pipe choice and designe in conjunction with higher pressure and higher volume of the mixture due to the larger port area and its effects of pumping. Lots of engineering and math thats beyond my ability. I'm not up to in predicting the changes in a academic sense, but obviouslly I feel strongly enough that the efforts will be worth it and end results will be positive. As Ive stated before the gasser is a world market, ( say fuel quality) enduro bike and I believe the engineers have very sound reasons for setting them up in a softer state of tune. Besides for the price of a head, like they say, no guts no glory!

Last edited by widebear; 01-04-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Banned

From my friend chad

http://bluemountainmotorcycleclub.co...read.php?t=771