Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:17 PM

Default Best Pipe Messico, FMF or DEP

Hi,

I have a 2002 EC250 Supermoto, i use it mostly on the road so im after mid range/top end pull. The bike came with the standard Messico front pipe and GG silencer.

The silencer soon got destroyed to pieces and i bought a DEP and it performed the same and sounded the same really. Now the Messico front pipe has snapped in half like it was a bake bean can ! ive only had the bike 2 months. So now i need a new front pipe originally i thought get a DEP Front Pipe so i got the set but i have discovered that they are more replacment than performance parts, so how about the FMF fatty ? ive been told will give me more over rev and top end. Will this work well with a DEP silencer or shall i get a powercore 2?

I know the Gnarly and Fatty are the same dimensionally but mine is pre 2003.

Thanks for the help in advance. dhyllan

Old 12-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Administrator

For supermoto - you want more top end - whereas the fmf pipes will focus power down lower at the cost of top.

The doma will provide smooth power all the way through with more on top - my experience on my '01 is that it is similar to the messico - but has smoother transition all the way through - really smooth if jetting is right - and more on top.

CRD was also making a pipe for a while - not sure about this one... I think Doma makes the pipe for SPES - so these would be the same (I think...)

jeff
Old 12-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

Jeff is spot on. could'nt of summed it up better myself.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
For supermoto - you want more top end - whereas the fmf pipes will focus power down lower at the cost of top.

The doma will provide smooth power all the way through with more on top - my experience on my '01 is that it is similar to the messico - but has smoother transition all the way through - really smooth if jetting is right - and more on top.

CRD was also making a pipe for a while - not sure about this one... I think Doma makes the pipe for SPES - so these would be the same (I think...)

jeff
Thanks Jeff, i thought the Fatty focused on mid/top, well thats what the manufacture says, but suppose thats my first mistake listening to them ! i will look for a doma, have you got any links where i can get them from, are they a strong exhaust ?
Old 12-24-2008, 04:20 AM

Doma are thin gauge pipes
Old 12-24-2008, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaser View Post
Doma are thin gauge pipes
ye, do they give much of a performance difference over the FMF Fatty mid/top end, is it noticable?
Old 12-24-2008, 05:40 PM

The fatty is supposed to target mid/top, i have not run one, but have been told that there is hardly no difference from the messico, and the gnarley is for more bottom
Old 12-25-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPUSAURUS View Post
The fatty is supposed to target mid/top, i have not run one, but have been told that there is hardly no difference from the messico, and the gnarley is for more bottom
ye, if thats the case ill defintley get a fatty as they are strong too and i can source one quite cheap, has anyone got experience of using the gnarly and fatty is there really that much difference ? is the fatty very similar to the fatty ? thanks