Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 AM

right i did not want to admit defeat on this as ive rebuilt 2 and 4 stroke motors,so i thought how hard could it be to strip a slave cylinder,well could not of been easier and to my joy i found a worn o ring on the piston

Old 02-27-2009, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtjunky_uk View Post
right i did not want to admit defeat on this as ive rebuilt 2 and 4 stroke motors,so i thought how hard could it be to strip a slave cylinder,well could not of been easier and to my joy i found a worn o ring on the piston
Having just acquired a new (secondhand) GG I seem to have a similar problem! I'll make sure I check the slave first. How did he manage for it to test ride perfectly?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:12 AM

well ian i brought the bike over the net,on the trust of the seller over the phone he arranged it to be delivered to me (know why now) because it tuned up with teeth broken off both sprockets a chain that was so worn out it was hard to belive and a clutch that never worked,a hard lesson learned for me
Old 02-27-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtjunky_uk View Post
well ian i brought the bike over the net,on the trust of the seller over the phone he arranged it to be delivered to me (know why now) because it tuned up with teeth broken off both sprockets a chain that was so worn out it was hard to belive and a clutch that never worked,a hard lesson learned for me
Actually I was referring to my seller!

I test rode it and the clutch worked fine. Got the bike off the trailer at home and it was playing up. Had a quick chat with Dave at BikeTech and he advised me to check a few things before rebuilding slave and masters.