Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > Other GasGas Bikes/Quads

Other GasGas Bikes/Quads Trials, Pampera, Wild HP, etc.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:55 AM

Default A-arms for quads?

looking to get some a-arms for my quad, does anyone know who makes arms for the Gasgas quads now? are they adjustable? what widths are available?

I need adjustable caster & camber.... I'm sick of the stock caster settings, way too much feedback & fatigue.
by the looks of it I'm going to need to narrow the quad slightly to pass WORCS tech. the 4+1 wheels I have aren't enough if the suspension is compressed much.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:39 PM

read my other post ref arms. looks like the new gassers have a choice of 48 or 50. i think the 03 300 has 50s on it so maybe the 48s off the new quad would fit? the price would be silly i expect. let me know if you find anything out as i want some too.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:50 PM

I put a set of 06 arms on my 04. They are 48" and with the 4x1 wheels they come down to 47". The caster is reduced and much better on the rider's arms. They work really well for me in the few Mid South races I'm able to attend.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:13 PM

hudson Its very dificult to get info on these bike over here and they only come from over the water in spain. you seem to know your stuff. I have a custom arm set up on my front end built for GNCC but its too narrow over here its 45 inch. I want some of the 48 arms are they set up better than the old 03 52 inch ones. i have the 18.5 inch ohlins will they work on these arms?
thanks again. Greg.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:27 PM

Sorry for the late response, but I only check this forum from time to time. I'm certainly no expert, but I'll share what I do know. The 06 arms with 4x1 wheels will put you at about 47". Of course the spacers on the rear axle will let you decide what to do there. My local Gas Gas dealer supplied me with the OEM arms, knuckles, and tie rods. The 06 knuckles have 10 degrees of caster compared to the 04 (and I believe 03) 15 degrees. This makes the quad much lighter to steer and much easier on the arms. You could probably cut the old tie rods down and rethread them, but I went with the 06 rods for ease of assembly and to keep the 52" option if I choose.
The stock Olins work fine with either setup.
My three best riding buddies have the Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki 450s so we get to swap up and race each each other often. The Gas Gas has the best suspension and brakes of the group. In a drag race, it will hold it's own off the line and leave all three on top end. The tie rods, A arms, etc... are much stronger and I haven't bent mine yet despite several encounters with trees. Includingthis last Monday when one of my buddies drove the Gasser into a tree and broke his wrist. The Gasser is unhurt.
The Gas Gas feels bigger, plusher, and more stable than the others. Plus they all have tons of aftermarket products that my Gasser came with but they shelled out big bucks for. The one with the Kawasaki is still waiting on some stuff to complete his package.
All in all, I'm very happy with mine and only plan to add a set of HiPer wheels to stop me from dinging my aluminum ones.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:17 PM

cheers hudson. yeh i only look on here once in a while too. I have the hypers on mine they are great for hitting trees. are you on a 450 or a 300? because my 300 wont keep with the new 450s. I dont have stock gearing though trying to find out what stock is actually.
i will try and get a set of those 48inch arms if i can. i think it will improve the bike.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:00 PM

Maybe this will help....found with google

Quote:
according to Brian at pro series performance, he has LRD exhausts for the wild3. $399. so i think that will be my best bet for the pipe since i have had one of them before and liked it....this is what i got (this is my own personal info that i have gotten from u guys) :
www.lt-racing.com -air filter, powervalve cover, jet kit, coolant impeller, case saver
www.racingquads.com -a-arms, swing arms, long travel shocks, steering stabilizer, axel carrier, seat cover
www.gasgasatv.com -AC front bumper
www.lrdperformance.com -pipe/silencer, porting
(^ www.proseriesper4mance.com) -LRD pipe/silencer, porting, carbon fiber hood, double pass radiator, ultra track front end kit
www.motowest.com -pipe/silencer, porting, carbon fiber reeds, bearings
www.rebelriders.com -a-arms, swing arm
4-stroke tech-(814)842-6159 he has built 2 gas gas racing quads
smack over motor sports- (866) 342-742-gabe

-for cross over parts-
the wheels are honda bolt pattern, 4 on 144mm front & 4 on 110mm rear
the air filter is the same as a '97 honda CR250
the reeds are the same as replacements reeds for a rad valve for a 88-92 suzuki LT250R
the brake pads (all three pairs) are the same as a late model KTM dirtbike front pads
Old 08-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Site Sponsor

Smile Wild A-arms

I have been getting a-arms from Frank at World Class Racing 440-224-1646 (Tell him Bob from North Tahoe Motorsports sent ya) worldclassracingproducts.com
Old 01-14-2009, 11:54 PM

got some used world class ones in the for sale/wanted section