Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Which footpegs are lower?

Searched but didnt turn up much.

I am tall and want to get a set of lower footpegs.

Anybody know of/have a list of which pegs are lower then OEM?

I realized that YZ/YZF pegs bolt right on but do are the OEM Yamaha pegs actually lower then the GG OEM?

Thanks

J

Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 AM

I know the Fastway F3's are lower I got some from Gofasters for my son 2010 GG300.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 AM

I have the Fastways on mine and I would say in the low position they are almost too low. They are about 3/4" lower than stock.

The stock GG pegs are actually the only pegs I have seen that sit higher than the tabs on the frame. I put my GG pegs on my KTM and they are almost 1/2" higher than the stock KTM pegs. I think this is one of the main reasons people think GG feels compact. The handlebars also do not mount as far forward on the GG as they do on the KTM.

I may try my Fastways in the upper position and see how that works, I am always worried about hitting my feet with them being so low.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:25 PM

One option is to use the stock GG pegs. Cut the "extention" tube off each peg, weld it onto the top instead of the bottom (where you just removed it from) and then swap the pegs side to side. This gives you a lower and slightly rearward position from stock. I got some Yamaha yzf pegs to try this on, but found the mount is central on those pegs, not offset as on the GG, so only a couple of mm difference could be obtained with the yzf pegs.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default footpegs

I agree with Barry.I"m 6-4 and modified the stock pegs.I tried fastway

pegs,found them abit too low,also broke 2 sets.Have"nt hurt the stockers yet.

dave
06-300
Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 PM

I was curious if anyone using Moose or IMS pegs in the normal setting could tell me how much lower they are vs. stock. I assume they would be a bit lower because of the way the stock pegs stick up so high compared to the way most pegs are made.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs2200 View Post
I was curious if anyone using Moose or IMS pegs in the normal setting could tell me how much lower they are vs. stock. I assume they would be a bit lower because of the way the stock pegs stick up so high compared to the way most pegs are made.
I bought the Moose pegs. They are plenty stout but not very much lower than stock. The right side peg hits when folded, it could be ground down a little which would keep from acting like a pry-bar on the frame when it's supposed to fold up. I'm 6'6" with 38 to 40 in. inseam and I don't feel like I gained much of anything in the way of riding room but the stock pegs were bent up a little and these were wider and stouter.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I run the rear offset IMS pro series pegs. There super strong with super grip. One negative is they will eat soft soles on boots until you wear the teeth down.
I have put a new set on all of my Gas Gas bikes. I have some on order now for the 11. They are a bit lower than stock and angled slightly back to add space for large booted guys. I am only 6' so these are perfect for me. I can't imagine pegs any lower, I need the ground clearance. Sometimes just stand up riding and railing corners I'm dragging.

GoFasters also carries the low boy version for those that want to go lower.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:53 AM

Default thanks

OK, I'm going to investigate modifing the pegs.

Thanks!

J
Old 02-02-2011, 01:29 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

the moose hybrid pegs can be ordered with an off-set to have them lower and slightly back.

but you will need to grind down the outer teeth or they will munch anything they make contact with, they are like razors!