Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 11-28-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitinsky View Post
I have a Rieju MR300. Great bike, I rode it for 20 hours. There is a small problem that I cannot fix - when switching to rain and vice versa, idling rises, as if the throttle is slightly open. If you start in cold weather, then also high revs. I don?t know what it?s connected with ... The stock battery does not feel well in the cold - at +2 celcius, the starter does not turn. If you are interested in something about this motorcycle - ask, I will be glad to answer.
You can try adding one more small ground cable directly to the starter but I don't believe that's the problem.
Your problem is the battery as with any lithium battery of the common ones like the skyrich that your bike believe it has.They don't like cold and I know it by hand with testing to more than one battery of different brands like Shido, Skyrich etc. (I don't know thought if that's the case with brands like Antigravity because we can find them easily here.)
When the temp. is starting to go below 10 celcius and the battery is not fully charged or taken of a charger they can't perform.
Do a test and start the bike when it's cold with the kick start and let it work for 2-3 min. to let current go through the battery, kill it and then try with the starter and see what happens.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpirosZ1000 View Post
You can try adding one more small ground cable directly to the starter but I don't believe that's the problem.
Your problem is the battery as with any lithium battery of the common ones like the skyrich that your bike believe it has.They don't like cold and I know it by hand with testing to more than one battery of different brands like Shido, Skyrich etc. (I don't know thought if that's the case with brands like Antigravity because we can find them easily here.)
When the temp. is starting to go below 10 celcius and the battery is not fully charged or taken of a charger they can't perform.
Do a test and start the bike when it's cold with the kick start and let it work for 2-3 min. to let current go through the battery, kill it and then try with the starter and see what happens.
I also think it's about the battery. It starts with a kickstarter, it will work for a couple of minutes and you can start it with a starter.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:20 PM
Administrator

I recall that the earlier lithium iron batteries would "self warm" - and I assume the latest ones do too. So you hit the starter button a couple of times with short duration just to get some current flowing (this warms the battery) then wait a minute. Do this a couple of times and then it will deliver more current and start.

jeff
Old 12-02-2021, 09:21 AM

If I were being honest, I’m more interested in the last few years of the Spanish gas gas and the new rieju?s than the red ktm’s.
Is there any plan to include the rieju on this forum? Or will it be forced to start a new one all alone?
Old 12-02-2021, 12:41 PM

Are the new reiju's exactly the same as the gas gas models?

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Retired
EC 250 (2007)
UK
Old 12-02-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpettit View Post
If I were being honest, I?m more interested in the last few years of the Spanish gas gas and the new rieju?s than the red ktm?s.
Is there any plan to include the rieju on this forum? Or will it be forced to start a new one all alone?
This forum does include the Rieju bikes and the forum administrator has plans to change things to reflect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAD View Post
Are the new reiju's exactly the same as the gas gas models?
The real GasGas models? In almost every way, yes, the new Rieju bikes share about 99% of everything with the last generation of pre-KTM GG bikes.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 12-02-2021, 02:15 PM

Interesting... I was looking at a new Beta x trainer but a Reiju may be a better idea...
I have an old ec250 which I want to upgrade to a new bike with electric start..
Thanks for the heads up...

Retired
EC 250 (2007)
UK
Old 12-02-2021, 03:33 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAD View Post
Interesting... I was looking at a new Beta x trainer but a Reiju may be a better idea...
I have an old ec250 which I want to upgrade to a new bike with electric start..
Thanks for the heads up...

Looks like the Reiju MR Ranger is coming in both 200cc and 300cc versions. I've heard a lot of guys lament the lack of 200cc options!

The Ranger is Rieju's (legacy GasGas) answer to the X-Trainer (low seat height, smooth powerband) - but with better suspension.

You might want to take a look!

https://www.rieju-usa.com/mr-ranger-2022

Jeff