Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Weepy Jug Stud

I rode the bike 02 250/300 in Kelowna last weekend and it developed a oil leak at the rear right cylinder stud. It seems like it is weeping up from the right hand cover area. I recently replaced the cases during a extensive rebuild and am now thinking I should have thread sealed that stud. Anyone have any ideas on how to stop that leak, preferably without pulling the top end?

Paul B

PS; Kelowna BC is bar none the coolest place I have ever ridden, HUGE area full of all sorts of terrrain with cool locals. I can't wait to go back and settle the score with some hills that whooped my rear.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 PM

Thats exactly what is happening, as the stud hole is not blind. My '00 did the same thing, the stud was not sealed from the factory. Red loctite(stud and bearing mount) will seal and retain it. If the stud is leaking, it should be loose enough to extract with 2 8mm jam nuts. Clean the case threads and stud good with contact cleaner, loctite the stud, and tighten with the jam nuts. Change the oil since the contact cleaner contaminated it. After the loctite cures overnight remove the jam nuts and replace the cyl. flange nut and your good to go.