Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:35 PM
skraMnoR

Default Which handlebar is this.

I want to replace the hand guards on my new 2011 EC250. I have been searching this forum and many vendors. After reading for days, I cannot find a way to identify which handlebar my bike has. There are no markings. There are plenty to choose from but ordering a mount requires that I know what bar it is. Can anyone identify this?

Old 04-09-2012, 10:56 PM

i would just refer to it as a 2011 stock gasgas bar. those look identical to the bars that came on my bike.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:06 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

look like stock, but a bit confused as to why you need to know anything more than the bar diameter for handguards
Old 04-10-2012, 08:27 AM
skraMnoR

So far, every site that I go to buy guard mounts at requires a bar choice. Renthal Fat Bar, ProTaper, Twinwall, etc.. I see no choice for "Stock Gas Gas". Also it seems that many forum posts here say use "brand x". When I look at brand x, I cannot seem to find a mounting to match my bar. My bar measures 7/8" at grip and 1 1/8" at mount. Other posts here indicate that "taper" mounts do no stay put well enough.

I am new to Gas Gas and am having a hard time finding solid tech info on parts/upgrades and what works with my bike. Seems the European version of the EC250 is a bit different from the US version. Sachs vs Ohlins/Marzzochi, No trip computer, no ignition timing switch, etc.

Thanks for the help. I am looking forward to getting a handle on this.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 AM
skraMnoR

These mounts from Bonz seem to be universal and a good design. Anyone have any experience with them?

http://bikebonz.com/images/sitebdy/p...hgm/sm_hgm.htm
Old 04-10-2012, 09:01 AM

I use these on my '07 and they fit great, I hate the traditional clamp on the bars mounts. Some guys have broken/bent them in hard crashes, so I use brass bolts to attach the guards to the mounts and keep a couple spares in my tool bag. I've bent two bolts in five years with no other problems, so I'd say its a viable solution.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:10 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by skraMnoR View Post
So far, every site that I go to buy guard mounts at requires a bar choice. Renthal Fat Bar, ProTaper, Twinwall, etc.. I see no choice for "Stock Gas Gas". Also it seems that many forum posts here say use "brand x". When I look at brand x, I cannot seem to find a mounting to match my bar. My bar measures 7/8" at grip and 1 1/8" at mount. Other posts here indicate that "taper" mounts do no stay put well enough.

I am new to Gas Gas and am having a hard time finding solid tech info on parts/upgrades and what works with my bike. Seems the European version of the EC250 is a bit different from the US version. Sachs vs Ohlins/Marzzochi, No trip computer, no ignition timing switch, etc.

Thanks for the help. I am looking forward to getting a handle on this.
ok, the GG bars are pretty close to suzuki and stock ktm, think the only difference is the ktm has more sweep than the gg bars (which may be hebo, not sure)

you should be able to fit most handguards just get the 1 1/8 version

a very nice setup is the fastway fit sytem (www.promotobillet.com), like the bonz it does not clamp to the bars and if you get the fit 1 it can also take scotts/brp stabilizer
Old 04-10-2012, 09:24 AM

and BTW gassers vary from bike to bike as well - am guessing it is a Spanish thing !-)
Old 04-10-2012, 09:41 AM
skraMnoR

I just ordered the Bonz mounts and Cycra Pro Bend guards.

Last edited by skraMnoR; 04-10-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: added info
Old 04-10-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skraMnoR View Post
I just ordered the Bonz mounts and Cycra Pro Bend guards.
It probably worked out more expensive, but theres nothing worse than twisting a hand guard and taper mount into your brake or clutch line and having it rip off. Having gone through countless sets of taper mounts for fat bars, my opinion is that you want something that mounts squarely and cleanly, the mounts off the bar mounts like the Bonz are an example, or the Cycra CRM or Solution mount are the others.
I just think that at some point the clamps on the bar taper will slip and bend the guard.