Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:31 PM

Default Another New Guy

Just wanted to introduce myself, I live in mid Missouri. I had been out of the dirt bike world for a few years, my last ride was a 2003 WR450 as my name would suggest (I use the same name on TT.) Anyway, last month I bought a 2000 EC250 from a young man here locally. It runs strong and shifts smooth however has suffered from a few years of neglect; as in wheel bearings front and rear-one of the rear bearings fell out in pieces after removing the seal, brake pads front and rear, radiator patched with JB Weld, rounded sprockets, etc. With the help of the fine folks at GoFasters, Halls Cycles, Mylers and lurking this forum it has become a motorcycle once again. Looking forward to riding a poker enduro later this month and maybe riding the MHSC again next season. This is the only pic so far. I took it during disassembly and before it had a serious bath. If anyone recognizes it please let me know. The guy I bought it from said he picked it up in GA and it had once been owned by a dealer in AR (Smackover maybe?).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0627.JPG (54.4 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by PBWR450; 11-13-2008 at 03:04 PM.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Welcome!

Post some pictures when you have some time.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:20 PM

Welcome to the dark side!

That use to be Smackover Motorsports owned by Jim Cook. He is no longer is business but he does post up on here from time to time.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:39 PM

If you haven't already, get the suspension serviced. Send it out to a knowledgable suspension shop and tell them to tear it down and replace any worn parts. Do it for the front and back. I bet it is still has the original oil in the fork and shock. A fork and shock overhaul will make the biggest difference in ride quality and make your bike feel new of anything you do!!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:56 PM

Thumbs up

Welcome,

You have done the righy thing by joining the GG Riders Club Forum. For me it has been a big help and the blokes on this site really know their stuff and are more than willing to help. Enjoy the new ride.....

Cheers
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Australia
Old 11-14-2008, 10:10 AM

yes welcome.... As a former yamaha 4 stroke rider and now on a gg 2st, I hope you like yours as much as I do mine...
same name on TT also
jay
Old 11-14-2008, 01:02 PM

Thanks to all for the replies. Skid, I will probably have to wait until next year to do any suspension work. On the short rides I have taken so far it feels pretty good, but could use improvement. I hope it will compare to my 1994 FE600, that bike had a rock solid feel under any conditions and I regret trading it in on the WR450, but just could'nt keep up with the maintenance costs of the Husaberg. jhendr3702, I have been a 4st rider for a long time but do enjoy the 2strokes. I got rid of the WR450 mainly because I was away for awhile and wasn't riding it and also, I liked the smooth power but never could get the suspension dialed in. I always felt like a pig on roller skates when riding it!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:29 PM

pig on roller skates.... i like that. I had always rode 2 st's, but wanted to try a 4st. I should have gotten a wr for the kind of riding we do, but
mine was a steel framed yz400f, and i never got really used to it. Very hard abrupt low end hit, it was better with a fww, but I wanted a 2st. My 300 is the best bike I have ever been on and it is like you said.. rock solid.. any condition. wherever you point it, that is where it is going. Very pridictable.
I catch myself riding it like a big trials bike, taking big obstacles, and crashing alot because i am not that good of a rider.
I have had it about 9 months and an on my 3rd set of hanguards......and the hyd clutch is just cheating.
have fun
jay