Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:36 PM

About time they made the Flexx bars in the lower 10 degree sweep (which translates to about the 40mm KTM range). I wouldn't even consider the 12 degree for the price they want. What's the lowest Flexx bar they make?

Fine line between to high and to low I know. Aggressive riding really requires the lower bars IMO for better bike control. Even 6'4" (or whatever) David Knight runs low bars on his bikes. I'm 6' but don't want them very high either.

I don't think it's possible to get an underbar damper down to 13mm like you want although I've seen a few guys shorten the stem and dish the steering head nut and triple clamp a bit to get it even lower.

We'll see what Kelly can do.

Yeah, please check on the silencer shipping.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default Update

I emailed Motosportz. I also did a follow-up call, but their message says to leave a message only if it is an emergency. Hmmmm, what to do.

It wasn't an emergency, but i did leave a message. So, the ball is in their court.

yowza!

blitz
Old 10-31-2008, 11:01 AM

Hey guy, Kelly here from Motosportz. Basically this is a modified husky kit. Works perfectly on the GG. Our standard retail is $425 but would do $380 group buy because this would allow me to fixture and machine a small group of parts for this application making it feasible. I'll try to get Ken to post some pix of get over to his house to take some. Very clean setup and EZ to mount up. I did build the T bolts as they need to be longer. You can still use both bar positions. The kit will include everything you need to mount it up. The only thing you will need to do is modify the steer tube upper bearing cup, basically shave it down a little to allow more clamping area for the frame clamp. I think i can get the rise down to more like 1/2 inch.

Take this with a grain of salt because it is coming from the manufacturer (me) but... Ken's 300 is pretty twitchy and really benefited from our stabiliser. Much more relaxed and EZer to control. It's a great bike which seems to need a few things to make it fantastic. The suspension could use a revalve as well.

Anyway Email me if you want one AND post here. If we can get 4 or more people on board and make it worth while I'll tool them up and make you the price deal.

I'll check back here soon and see whats up and answer questions as needed.

thanks,
Kelly
Motosportz
Old 10-31-2008, 11:19 AM

I'll be selling my ProTect setup for Scotts, going back to over bar mount.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:44 AM

I am in if it works on a 2002 DE with 7/8" bars.
Good to see individuals innovating, and I have to support this. PM sent as well.

Thanks.

blitz
Old 11-03-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motosportz View Post
Hey guy, Kelly here from Motosportz. Basically this is a modified husky kit. Works perfectly on the GG. Our standard retail is $425 but would do $380 group buy because this would allow me to fixture and machine a small group of parts for this application making it feasible. I'll try to get Ken to post some pix of get over to his house to take some. Very clean setup and EZ to mount up. I did build the T bolts as they need to be longer. You can still use both bar positions. The kit will include everything you need to mount it up. The only thing you will need to do is modify the steer tube upper bearing cup, basically shave it down a little to allow more clamping area for the frame clamp. I think i can get the rise down to more like 1/2 inch.

Take this with a grain of salt because it is coming from the manufacturer (me) but... Ken's 300 is pretty twitchy and really benefited from our stabiliser. Much more relaxed and EZer to control. It's a great bike which seems to need a few things to make it fantastic. The suspension could use a revalve as well.

Anyway Email me if you want one AND post here. If we can get 4 or more people on board and make it worth while I'll tool them up and make you the price deal.

I'll check back here soon and see whats up and answer questions as needed.

thanks,
Kelly
Motosportz
I love my Motosportz damper on my Gasser I run one on my Husky also but I think it makes the Gasser even better than it all ready is. In my opinion the Motosportz damper is the cleanest and most lowprofile option out there for the Gas Gas. Kelly is a great guy and makes quality products. There are some pictures in one of my previous post about TrailTech HID light and Damper.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:20 AM

Anybody know what's going on with this? I have sent Kelly a couple of emails, but haven't heard anything back. I want to help the company out with a product made here, but if it doesn't work out, that new Ohlins damper looks pretty sweet, too.

I'll bail if i don't hear something this week.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

blitz
Old 11-10-2008, 11:08 AM

I was hoping to see some nice clear up close shots of the damper setup on the GG from either Kelly of lineman but nothing yet.

I did have a very close look at the one on my buddies KTM this weekend and was impressed. Very low and quite small/compact unit for sure. Me like Because he has wrist issues he runs both the Flexx bars and the KTM PDHS handle bar mounts That's almost $700 in cushioning not to mention his Watchdog computer and the Motosportz damper
Old 11-11-2008, 10:12 PM

Guys, sorry we are swamped in a couple of new product items. We are working on the GG underbar dampers now. I will try to have pix in the new day or so and product very soon. About a week I hope.

Sorry about the delay, been burning the candle at both ends.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:25 PM

Sounds great. I am looking forward to getting this.

Thanks.

blitz