Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:52 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Thank you, input

Thank you everyone for the comments and input. The new category added will help keep everyone informed on here I hope. Plus this week, we'll make an announcement of the new east coast sales manager and i will discuss this forum and more, we will try to be here as much as possible without overstepping in regards to internal vs external communication levels.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:04 AM

Remember when you had to physically go down to the dealer to see if the new bikes were in yet?
Old 08-29-2016, 11:01 PM

hate to bring it up, but that was 1972. just saying, times changes, and so do the brands, if they want to keep up. I could drop an orange in here for reference, but gasgas should be aware of this by now if they want to be a contender on the world stage.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:49 AM

Maybe people's bikes are running well and they are taking Rod's advice and riding them? It has been quiet but, to me, it is a nice break from the uncertainty, and rumor mongering that was the norm for a while. Time to take a breath. Last year or so has been tough for everyone.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:00 PM

Rod's back! Rod's back!
Old 08-30-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
hate to bring it up, but that was 1972. just saying, times changes, and so do the brands, if they want to keep up. I could drop an orange in here for reference, but gasgas should be aware of this by now if they want to be a contender on the world stage.

Times sure do change. I am not a luddite. I follow them on FB, seems like they are doing ok with new information. Lotsa ways for people to find out the information now-a-days...or do it the old fashion, and pick up a phone and call your dealer. Looks like I am SOL on a dealer in Idaho, though. http://www.gasgasmotos.es/us/dealers.html Really need to get one in the Boise area....so many people here ride.

The brand is rising from the ashes, give it some time.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:07 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Times sure do change. I am not a luddite. I follow them on FB, seems like they are doing ok with new information. Lotsa ways for people to find out the information now-a-days...or do it the old fashion, and pick up a phone and call your dealer. Looks like I am SOL on a dealer in Idaho, though. http://www.gasgasmotos.es/us/dealers.html Really need to get one in the Boise area....so many people here ride.

The brand is rising from the ashes, give it some time.
Hello Mick. Actually, Sage Motorsports in Terreton, ID has been a Gas Gas dealer in the past, but I see they are in a "holding pattern" on a report provided to me these past few days. Not sure what's happening there but I do know they had been talking about opening a 2nd location. This before I went on hiatus from GG this past spring. Perhaps this is why they are "pending", Regardless, I will be calling them (and the rest of the dealer network in the coming days) and find out their plan for the future.

Moving forward I will be working hard to recruit new dealers where we currently have no representation. New dealer setups will be posted on the Gas Gas Corporate Announcements category here on the forum.

Thanks for your continued support Mick, I sincerely appreciate it!
Old 08-31-2016, 06:28 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
Hello CACTUSREID. Perhaps you missed the tests of the 2017 models that have been running in such publications like Dirt Rider, Dirt Bike and a few others since spring. The 2017 EC300 video featured on Dirt Bike Mag has been viewed over 70k times!

In addition, Johnny Barber has been posting race reports here, and on many other forums, pointing out riders like Broc Hepler and Geoff Aaron are racing 2017 bikes.

Regardless....

While I cannot post a running report on dealer inventory on the forum, you are more than welcome to contact me with a PM when you need assistance. I will do what I can to help
Old 08-31-2016, 12:18 PM

The 2017 bikes are certainly sexy and I'm sure they're great, but I'm wondering what is planned for 2018.

1. Any 4Ts coming (like say a 300 to 350 cc)?
2. Rumor is some frame changes for 2018 2Ts...?

Too early to ask these questions???
2015 Beta 300
2016 Beta 300RE
2016 Beta 350RE
Old 08-31-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Hello Mick. Actually, Sage Motorsports in Terreton, ID has been a Gas Gas dealer in the past, but I see they are in a "holding pattern" on a report provided to me these past few days. Not sure what's happening there but I do know they had been talking about opening a 2nd location. This before I went on hiatus from GG this past spring. Perhaps this is why they are "pending", Regardless, I will be calling them (and the rest of the dealer network in the coming days) and find out their plan for the future.

Moving forward I will be working hard to recruit new dealers where we currently have no representation. New dealer setups will be posted on the Gas Gas Corporate Announcements category here on the forum.

Thanks for your continued support Mick, I sincerely appreciate it!
Thanks Rod. Great to have you back! Believe you're a fantastic asset to the brand.

I knew there was one here in Idaho, but couldn't remember where..went looking for it on the map...but they disappeared. They are clear on the other side of the State though.

A dealer in Boise would be ideal, since it is the largest city in Idaho, many people from the surrounding communities come in. In my business...I have people coming in from an hour or so away.

The riding community here is massive, I have never seen so many bikes in the back of trucks heading somewhere.

Scot Harden was here recently (I have been watching his videos on Facebook)...he knows how great the riding is here. One of the few states that devotes time/money into the sport and trails.