Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Mid-West Forum

Old 05-24-2012, 07:54 AM

Default First race back after a few years off

I have to say first off that, being a new GG owner, it was cool being the only Gasser on the line. People coming up and just looking the bike over and talking about it was a very different experience than I used to have.

I finished middle of the pack in Super Senior C which was 3rd and got my token plaque to take home. But, I did realize during that race (only my second time on the 2011 300) how much I liked the new bike. It handled like a dream and the motor was smoother than anything. Convert for life!

http://www.msxcracing.com/SCOREMACHI...s/12/MC-P2.TXT

Here are the results, You have to scroll all the way down to my class to see the first GAS in the manufacturer column. I like being the guy that stands out on the line.

Sorry guys that I didn't represent the brand better in the results. Guess I won't be seeing those sponsorships roll in anytime soon, but man, did I have a blast.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:56 AM

Welcome Johnny, and good on ya for lining up on the GasGas!
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 05-24-2012, 06:19 PM

Sounds like you had a good ride. Marion definitely isn't the easiest race out there.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:30 AM

Yeah, they cut in 12-13 miles of some pretty good trail. It was a hard track but not a difficult one.

The dust was the biggest problem. You can tell that by looking at everyone's lap times. Probably one of the few times that first lap was the slowest for everyone. Once we got spread out it wasn't too bad.

I do like how the MSXC guys run the bike races first before the quads. I've been saying that if they would do that at the GNCC's it would be way better. They are able to cut in a good trail, run the bikes and then let the quads go in at the end of the day and rip it apart instead of the first races leaving the bikes with wide open trails full of ruts.

I did have a good time. Like I said, I haven't raced in a few years so it was definitely good to get back to one. Gasser really stands out in a sea of orange and blue.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:41 AM

Looks like u did great for only a few times on the 300....Congrats
Yes, the "bling" factor is way up when on the line at a Harescramble with the gasgas. It deff. adds to the fun