Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2011, 07:54 PM

Default E-start kit, do I need everything?

I am looking at buying a new 11 XC300 Six days, which is a non electric start model. I am far to spoiled to not have the magic button anymore. My dealer said there is an e-start kit but it is something like $1000, partly because it comes with a new sub frame to accommodate a battery. I was curious if anyone had pieced together a kit without a sub frame and done something alternate with a battery mount. I was also curious about using a smaller battery of the L.I. type to fit in. I haven't looked at the setup yet to see if it doable, all I did so far was a 7 mile demo ride. I might sound like I am being cheap trying to piece it together, but I also want to buy a Rekluse (yes I am too spoiled by the Rekluse I have in my KTM450) and the only model they have for this bike is $900! So all of a sudden with the other bits that end up on a new bike it is no longer cheap. My dealer said he could find me a Race model with e-start on it and build it up to a Six Days, but it likely wouldn't me any cheaper (and wont look cool like the 6d). Has anyone tried this?