Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 12-05-2017, 10:05 PM

Default Information for clutch please

Hi forum members. I am sure with the vast amount of knowledge of members on this forum that someone can give me the information I am after. It is not about a gasgas as such bike but just a general question about clutches. I am about to put a new clutch in my brothers kids honda crf 150r. It has had very little use and the clutch is absolutely stuffed so I am not all that keen of going down the line of putting another OEM clutch in it. Reading on the web it seems as though clutch wear is an issue.
Looking on ebay, I cannot see anywhere selling a clutch that is advertised as being heavier duty than OEM There are clutches from WISECO which are dearer but may be worth the extra dollars if they last. Also may be an option to get one with carbon fibre plates and also others with stiffer springs that would make the clutch engagement more definite.
Anyway, I am hoping that someone could inform me on which way to go with these or if they can point me in the direction of a heavy duty clutch for a crf150r as my knowledge of what makes a good clutch is very limited. I dont think the clutch has changed much since around 2007, I think his is around the 2014 model.
Thanks to members in advance who might be able to contribute.

regards
JC