Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-26-2016, 09:23 AM

Default 2015 EC300 First Ride

Took the baby out for her first break in ride yesterday... My thoughts? Cautiously Optimistic😐

- E-button didn't do a thing. Nada. Since its brand new I'm going to check that the battery is connected. If it is I am going to begin the troubleshooting...
- After cranking, with clutch still pulled in, it begins to slip/disengage and if I twist the throttle a little, bike starts to roll. going to check the adjustment, but sure hope I don't have to open it up this early and check the plates inside.

Ok, negatives are out of the way, so the positives...
- Bike lugs amazingly well in first gear! Can't wait for some tight techy terrain.
- I am over 200 lbs. Bike didn't think twice about hauling the weight around...
- Suspension handled things nicely! At some point I will look to re-spring, but for now it felt good and I will just fine tune it best I can.
- Riding area was nothing but sandy whoops. Lifting the front wheel up was effortless, and the bike had way more to give than I was able.
- Ran Motul 510 at 40-1. Just a little spooge from the back, but I've seen worse.

All things considered, if the estart and clutch are sinple adjustments, then I am extremely pleased. If the estart is hard broke and I need to get into the clutch basket to get it working properly, then I am not so impressed.

Optimistic in New Mexico,
Rob

Old 03-26-2016, 09:55 AM

I'm a little confused here. U say u were breaking it in; is this a brand new left over? Any Kms on it at all? The reason I ask is, if it has been sitting, and not been used, the clutch plates will be dry and cause the symptoms you have described.

Also, I had a Honda 300 Rancher before that sat for 3 years. The electric starter didn't work on it when I finally got to try to start the bike up. After taking the starter off and opening it up, I found that one of the brushes were dry seized in the upward position. Might be something to look into.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:21 AM

Default Brand new, 0 miles

Yup, it's brand new! 0 miles when I started yesterday. So with the plates get "wet" the more I ride it? 😳🙈

I'll let you know what I find on the battery/starter...

Thanks,
Rob
Old 03-26-2016, 03:30 PM

A buddy of mine just kept pumping the clutch lever for about 15 mins with his bike running/idling to get the plates nice and wet. U could also take the clutch cover off, pull the plates out and dip them in oil.