Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Trials Technical Forums > Trials Other...

Old 10-01-2018, 01:29 PM

I have no idea why they make them road legal. Here in the states they do no such thing. I always figured it was just some Euro workaround so they can sell them in a certain market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-01-2018, 01:32 PM

I am in no way putting the Contact down. I recently rode one at a trials event and it was a ball of fun. I just can’t see where having one a a primary trail bike would be much fun. And I especially wouldnt want to ride one on the street. It’s just not what they are intended for

Old 10-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

+1.

A GG Ranger seems like the better choice.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
I am in no way putting the Contact down. I recently rode one at a trials event and it was a ball of fun. I just can?t see where having one a a primary trail bike would be much fun. And I especially wouldnt want to ride one on the street. It?s just not what they are intended for

I know it's no street motorcycle but to be able to ride on the street so you can go to your preferred trails without the need of using a trailer sounded good to me.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
+1.

A GG Ranger seems like the better choice.
with a 37 inch seat height? .....naahh
Old 10-04-2018, 05:15 PM

Top speed is not for hwy use. If I were to guess 50 mph? Second of all, the seat is great until you plan on using it. Bouncing down the trail while seated, the rear mount on the seat broke. I was able to modify it and make it MUCH stronger. The clip inside the seat is no longer used. The seat base at the rear is too thin to be strong. The Contact is a real trials bike. A beginner will not find any short comings. Ridding the "3" line, the Contact is more that enough for any rider. Experts will not find any problems in the "3" line. As you get better, you will most likely find things to be changed...tires? If you can out ride the Contact, get a better bike. I love my 2017. One word of warning. Check on overheating of any trials bike. They just don't have enough cooling system for long, steady rides. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:49 AM

I went to a Ryan Young Trials clinic last week. When he was setting up everyone's bikes he mentioned my front suspension on my Contact 250 was very slow in both directions "like Molasses". He said it would just require a little more effort to do some things. He did not seem to have any problems wheelies and nose wheelies and read wheel hops on it.

I have not done anything to the suspension at all. I did buy the bike new so I don't think there would be too much oil in the forks.

Has anyone changed the fork oil yet? Do you recommend just sticking with 5w oil and 160mm air chamber for oil level? Is there anything else I can do to speed up the front suspension?
Old 02-01-2019, 09:16 PM

You could try 2.5 wt. That would speed it up in both directions. Measure the oil level before you dump it. I don't know if it is true, but, I have read someone claimed different weights oil in each leg. Otherwise, how do you like the Contact. Any problems? Mine is great.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
You could try 2.5 wt. That would speed it up in both directions. Measure the oil level before you dump it. I don't know if it is true, but, I have read someone claimed different weights oil in each leg. Otherwise, how do you like the Contact. Any problems? Mine is great.
Wow I totally forgot I posted about the slow fork movement here. I do really like the Contact. I am still struggling to get better. I am not anywhere close to outriding the contact. My friend I used to ride with had a stroke and can't ride anymore so that adds to my struggle. Its definitely harder to push myself when I ride by myself.

I will try some lighter weight oil and see how it goes.