Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Republic of Texas

Republic of Texas This is gasgasman territory!

Old 04-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Exclamation Marty "The Party" Halmazna

This is posted up on the Trail Riders of Houston web site........

Marty "The Party" Halmazna is coming back to Houston to ride with us again. Marty is a "World Class Extreme" rider and I think any of you that saw him ride at Skull Creek about 3 years ago will agree that he is an "Animal" on a dirt bike! He is a factory rider for Husqvarna Motorcycles North America and they are supplying him with a 2011 TC 449 for this ride. He lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and he's coming to ride with us!

Marty will arrive in Houston very late Friday night, April 29th and my plan is to take him out to Skull Creek again on Saturday the 30th so our THR'ers and guests can ride with him and watch him perform some "Extreme" maneuvers on a dirt bike.

I plan on having Marty at Skull Creek by 9:30AM on Saturday, April 30th. After Marty introduces himself and mingles with those present (he will want to talk to all of you), we'll target for hitting the trails by 10:30AM. We'll ride (and watch) for a couple of hours, come in for some food and drink, then go out and do it again.

On Sunday, I'm thinking we'll go to the Sam Houston National Forest, East Side Trailhead and turn him loose. Same times, same plan but hopefully we can get a couple of fast riders to lead him through the East Side PMT loop. We'll need somebody that is fast and in good shape to lead him. There's NO WAY I can stay in front of him so I'll need some help from that perspective. I'll go from crossing to crossing to monitor progress. Hopefully, we'll be able to let him ride the PMT on both sides of FM1375.

On Monday, May 2nd, his flight is in the late afternoon so, I may take him back to Skull Creek for another warm-up ride in the morning. I'll need to have him at IAH by 4PM.

All of you are invited to join us! The more the better. Spread the word! Let's make him feel at home with the Trail Riders of Houston again!

You will be shocked at what this guy can do on a dirt bike!

I have listed some of Marty's accomplishments below:

Marty is a 4 time Canadian Pro National Cross Country Champ, 2 time finisher at Erzberg (Austria)18th and 24th and Last Man Standing (Texas) 2006, 7th overall and 12th in 2007 and Hell's Gate (Italy) 2009, 29th over all.

================================================== ============
Marty,

It looks like we have a 2011 TC 449 arranged for you through our dealer in Austin - I'll follow up early next week with all the details. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Talk to you soon,

Derek Sorenson
Product and Racing Manager
Husqvarna Motorcycles North America, LLC
BMW Group

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

I hope to see all of you and your friends the weekend of April 30th/May 1st.

Capt.Jack

Old 04-15-2011, 08:55 PM

Oh good lord let the "Party" begin again! Knee blown out and all I will be there! Maybe let him strap on my helmet cam.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:08 PM

Oh no, what the hell happened? 4 strokes hurt!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 AM

I was being a cowboy branding cattle and saw the top of my foot almost touch my nose. I think my ACL is torn bad. MRI scheduled for this next week sometime.

I wish it was a bike accident. Branding cows is nothing to brag about! LOL
Old 04-16-2011, 02:43 PM

WTF? How do you do that? Did the cow kick you or something? I'm just a Jersey boy know nothing about branding, although some women do it here like tats.

That really sucks Rob, I feel for you man. At least you have one of the best docs in town.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:32 PM

Long story made short.... I had my left leg in the air trying to get her to lift her head up and into the lock part of the chute. All of my weight was on my right leg. All of a sudden I heard that famous ACL "POP" and was on the ground. Happened just that quick. Took me about an hour to get back up.

I am not using Sanders on this one. I will explain later in a private message why.

I will see if I can post up pictures of mt blown out knee later.