Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have had to bleed the clutch master cylinder. It is not easy, and one would think that you could just bang it out like a brake. For whatever reason, it is very difficult to bleed. From the slave cyl, force the fluid up. The only way I got it to work was to remove the clutch from the bars, hang it from the garage ceiling with the plunger backed ALL THE WAY OUT and force fluid up the line until fresh looking fluid came out. All the while, spilling all over the floor. Unhook the master from the ceiling, replace on bars and repeat very slowly until the master cylinder is filled, from the bottom. put it back together and feel the clutch again. Keep in mind, no air can get into the system, or it will not work.

OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs

Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 PM

It should not be the hard, the key is having the lever (master cyl) in a position that allows flow back up through the line and into the reservoir.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:25 PM

havent had time to work on the bike in a long time its been just sitting there

so i found some time and tried bleeding the clutch again, i managed to get the fluid from the slave cylinder to the master, repeated that untill there was no more visible bubbled coming up in the master.

allright i think that should do it i think to my self
go to grab the lever and ...... nothing lever still feels light like there is no power
Old 07-23-2012, 07:26 PM

anyone????
Old 07-23-2012, 09:54 PM

You either did not get all the air out as you thought, the cup seal in the master is leaking(more likely), or the oring in the slave(less likely).
Old 11-24-2012, 01:41 PM

woken from the dead
havent had time at all to work on it between school work and other stuff

about how much fluid should fit in the clutch system if it was completely out??
Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 PM

how much fluid in total should the clutch system take if completely out of fluid?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:37 PM

Never thought about that as its not important anyway. I'd guess less than 100cc. If your still fighting with that clutch you have a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-16-2014, 04:22 PM

Bring a thread from the dead haha
Still got the bike and still got the same problem haha
The bike has been sitting the whole time and im looking to get it running again.
So my brother and I put on a new slave cylinder and still couldnt get it to work. He says that its probably a rod going from one side of the engine to the other that is too short He knows his motorcycle stuff so i believe him.

Any input on this? anywhere i could buy that "rod"?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michalt95 View Post
Bring a thread from the dead haha
Still got the bike and still got the same problem haha
The bike has been sitting the whole time and im looking to get it running again.
So my brother and I put on a new slave cylinder and still couldnt get it to work. He says that its probably a rod going from one side of the engine to the other that is too short He knows his motorcycle stuff so i believe him.

Any input on this? anywhere i could buy that "rod"?
Shouldn't need a different rod.I'm not sure how this particular clutch mod was setup.The guy that built it might have more details on that.
If I was wagering on this one Id say a ball bearing is the cure.
Push the rod in until you feel it stop.Shouldn't be much play between where the slave actuates the rod.In many cases you basicly bolt the slave to the case and compress the slave while doing so.In other words its tight and set against it.
Disconnect the master from the line and dump the fluid out.Do not actuate the lever.Hold
it upside down and shoot it with some ID Red.Just clean it up real good and get the silty crap outta the master rez.Hook the line back on.Disconnect that from the slave.Stick the end of the line in a quart container of brake fluid and fill the master rez up.Play with the levels between the two as you slowly work the lever.Just flushin crap out and makin a huge mess.If you do it right you can work a lot of the air out.You'll get the idea once you start playing with it.Once you get it as good as you can, take your line out of the quart of fluid holding it level with the level in the master rez.And thread the line and slave together.Bolt the slave back up.
A vaccuum brake bleeder and you are set.
Lots of tricks you can do to bypass the vaccuum bleeder.
But give yourself a break.

Last edited by sweeper; 04-16-2014 at 08:49 PM. Reason: I'm old