Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Default The Lectron - Review (vs SmartCarb)

So first up, thanks to Dave at TSP (http://www.twostrokeperformance.com.au/) for the opportunity to do some testing. Dave has recently become an Australian Lectron dealer which is ace! He's also just purchased a DynoTech Dyno, and also moved into a new workshop. Things are moving forward for TSP.

My history with Dave began with the 3rd top end rebuild on my 2010 EC300R and the decision to downgrade from a 300 to 250. The full details of the build can be seen here (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11970).

So now currently, I have been approached by Dave with the offer to do some testing on the Lectron, which I couldn't say no to. I'm also on the preorder list for a diecast SmartCarb so I am super eager to experience what all the hype has been about. As most of you know, I have spent more than enough hours tinkering with various needles, jets, and configurations of each to have a pretty decent grasp on jetting and how the bike responds to changes, so should be able to give some solid feedback on how the Lectron compares. I'm honestly expecting great things!!

Before we delve into it (before it arrives in the mail), I've taken the time to crunch a few figures and give some specific information on my bike.

Current jetting. 40 N3CW#3 175
This covers sea level to 900m pretty well, with it set up to be ideal at 300-550M. A typical day here like today is 32C - 50% humidity. Often more humid, but sometimes less. Temps rarely drop below 20C.

Engine
S3 Race Ported Cylinder 0.5mm Gasket
S3 Head - Custom High Comp insert - 1.25mm Squish, 14:1UCCR.
Fuel 98RON (mixed with Amsoil Dominator 50:1)
This piston has exactly 100hrs on it. Rings have not been changed. Cranking compression has dropped 12PSI since new. Typical fuel consumption is around 10-12Km/L depending on aggression. The last 100hrs has seen 2795kms covered at an avg speed of 27.95Km/h.'
Bottom end stock @ 250hrs.

The plan from here is to fit the Lectron, and run it for the next 10-15hrs at which point I'll be pulling the engine down for a complete rebuild. I'll start by taking some photos of the lectron and comparing it against the AS2. I'll then install in the bike and comment on the fit. Finally we'll get into the good stuff and start reporting how the bike responds to changes, with the hope to get a baseline for the Gassers.

Singletracker? If you could report your current settings it might give me somewhere close to start from too! Cheers mate!