Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 10-17-2012, 12:12 PM

Prices on the Beta...follow the link! http://library.constantcontact.com/d...10-15-2012.pdf

AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals

Old 10-17-2012, 12:46 PM

Thats a fair price on a real nice bike. All it really lacks is a CC fork.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:42 PM

the 250 and 300 for the same price....??? Must use same cases, bottom end, tranny, different cylinder....
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 10-17-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
the 250 and 300 for the same price....??? Must use same cases, bottom end, tranny, different cylinder....
Why not? One has a bigger hole and a bigger plug is all.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 PM

Yeah they look good but IMO not as good as the 2012-2013 GasGas bikes. And I'll take a proven engine over a first year engine any day. I don't know but I would think the GG suspension is better out the box too.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:38 AM

I pulled the trigger and bought a Beta RR250 2T. Bike should be in my garage beginning/middle of November. It's funny because I went to the shop to buy the standard version EC250 2013 but came out with the Beta because the final price for the Beta came very close to the final price for the GasGas.

According to first reviews it should be perfect (the 250) for what we have in Finland. The 300 is a different animal motor-wise.

I will post a report when I receive the bike. And some comparison to the two 2007 EC250s I had some years ago (and to a heavily modified for enduro YZ250 2T 2008).
Old 10-19-2012, 07:27 AM

I owned a 2008 Beta 400RR for a few months before the parts situation ran me off. That bike was jinxed.

The week after I bought it the dealership was closed down for illegal activities and they didn't submit my paperwork showing that I bought the bike. That took about 6 months to straighten out.

The dealership that I hooked up with in CA was terrible. I ordered parts that the manager claimed to have in stock, but a week later he still hadn't got around to shipping them. This happened more than once. Then I was shipped the wrong parts because the 08 used some leftover parts, so they weren't sure what my bike came with. I didn't find that out until I got the wrong parts. Anyway this type of scenario took place for the entire time I had the bike. I decided to get rid of it for that reason only. BTW, the dealership won Beta's dealer of the year award!

To top it off I sold it to the owner of TrailTricks in CA, and he arranged the shipping. It was shipped part way by train and the train actually derailed on the way there and the bike burned up! Insurance refused to reimburse him because they said it was an act of God. That's some crazy stuff. I don't think my wife would let me buy another one even if I wanted to.

I could go on, but I think I made my point about the older models. I'm guessing things are much better now, but my experience with a good bike was nothing but bad.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:32 AM

It sounds like that bike really WAS jinxed. A fitting end to that demon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletracker View Post
I owned a 2008 Beta 400RR for a few months before the parts situation ran me off. That bike was jinxed.

The week after I bought it the dealership was closed down for illegal activities and they didn't submit my paperwork showing that I bought the bike. That took about 6 months to straighten out.

The dealership that I hooked up with in CA was terrible. I ordered parts that the manager claimed to have in stock, but a week later he still hadn't got around to shipping them. This happened more than once. Then I was shipped the wrong parts because the 08 used some leftover parts, so they weren't sure what my bike came with. I didn't find that out until I got the wrong parts. Anyway this type of scenario took place for the entire time I had the bike. I decided to get rid of it for that reason only. BTW, the dealership won Beta's dealer of the year award!

To top it off I sold it to the owner of TrailTricks in CA, and he arranged the shipping. It was shipped part way by train and the train actually derailed on the way there and the bike burned up! Insurance refused to reimburse him because they said it was an act of God. That's some crazy stuff. I don't think my wife would let me buy another one even if I wanted to.

I could go on, but I think I made my point about the older models. I'm guessing things are much better now, but my experience with a good bike was nothing but bad.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:54 AM

Default Train derailed?

What caused the train to derail for them to term it an act of God?

Ill bet that insurance company believed in God when it was convenient for them.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 PM

I never asked. I thought he was pulling my leg at first, and I was just glad that I wasn't the one who arranged shipping.