Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:18 AM

awh shoot Rick, its just a hop skip & a jump. U could catch plane and ride clays demo bikes ha..or i could lend you one (look at GGRM250 post...lol).
LL's is a real treat for those who have never been there, its worth it. Plus, what a better place to have a gaggle of gasgas's show up that may out number dem punkins.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:00 PM

Now your talking...ride a demo bike Where do I sign up! Really, this would be very cool to get back east and ride a bit. Last week I was in Ohiopyle, PA and the woods looked CRAZY! Roots, Rocks, and it was wet! Unlike out here in the west! I just may have to keep my eye on this thread......

I already have a GGRM200.....or everyone thinks it is a RM
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 08-21-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Undertaking the organization of something like this is pretty big and time consuming. I certainly want to have an "official" GG gathering in the US at some point but just don't have the time, resources and staff to carry it off for now.

Maybe we could have a "ride within a ride" at something like the Loretta Lynn's spring trail ride near Waverly, TN. Then the trail, food, medical staff, port a johns, showers, etc would already be provided and all I would have to do is bring some demo bikes and beer!
I'm in with a stipulation... what kind of beer?? It better not be PBR!
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 08-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Man....that is a heck of a trip for western states guys.....
That's one of the problems with an event like this..... It's always a longs way for somebody.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
I'm in with a stipulation... what kind of beer?? It better not be PBR!
I don't do PBR. I can promise that!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
I don't do PBR. I can promise that!
You know, I was looking at ways to make this work from Seattle. I was looking at making GasGas my primary bike for the long-term. But if the US Importer doesn't support a BLUE RIBBON beer, what's the point? I mean, really, it was voted America's best beer in 1893. It's got some history!

This is where you chime in and say "just kidding!"
Old 08-22-2012, 06:22 AM

I think they still have the same barrel of beer they are bottling from since 1893... just saying..
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 08-22-2012, 06:25 AM

I'll pack a couple cases of the local water(yuengling) for the trip.. just in case your stock comes from the other breweries.. If I can get to Prism brew house I'll pack up a few from there.. and pack my 97 up for the trip.. and maybe the 03 my buddy now owns..
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
You know, I was looking at ways to make this work from Seattle. I was looking at making GasGas my primary bike for the long-term. But if the US Importer doesn't support a BLUE RIBBON beer, what's the point? I mean, really, it was voted America's best beer in 1893. It's got some history!

This is where you chime in and say "just kidding!"
Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe we can get a wide selection of beer for you guys. I don't mind buying PBR 'cause it's cheap ( wonder why?) but I'm not drinking it.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
I won't have all of the bike in November or January for demo rides and I'm a procrastinator so lets plan on the LL spring ride. By then I should have at least one of every bike for demo rides. I will contact the guys who organize this (Middle TN Dirt Riders) and make sure it is ok with them.
So....unofficially official....Gas Gas rides and demos at the Loretta Lynn Spring ride which is in late March or early April.
I just would like to add that the reason I am on a GG now is because of a demo ride I had at a fall trail ride at Loretta's a few years back. It won me over and I think it is a great opportunity for other "brand loyal" riders to try one out. Don't know if I ever would have bought one unless I had that kind of opportunity.

Either the fall or spring rides there are a good time. I would highly recommend them to anyone thinking about it.