Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:09 AM

thumperrider1 I sent you a PM.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 AM

In response an earlier post... Mullins has also won races on Suzuki's, Yamaha's and various KTM models. A pro is a pro, as well as my slow butt is equally slow no matter what I ride.

As i lie around recovering from a successful back surgery, I have had time to do a lot of reading (which I don't normally). Got the new Dirt Rider and they gave the new Sherco 300i a pretty good review. I've noticed that GG has a 300 4t in Europe. Does anyone know how the 2 differ from the ktm350? (besides the obvious)

I think it would be nice to see how all the 300-350 cc bikes compare in a side by side test. 2 and 4 st combined in.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have read that the Husky 310 has a "racier" motor than the KTM. I have considerable time on two stroke Husky machines and some time on a 510 TE (all 2009 model year machines with 48mm Marzocchi twin chamber forks). My opinion on the Husky is that it is a good bike, on the heavy feeling side, with a reasonably predictable chassis and very confused suspension. A good bike, but will need extra focus on setup.

I know nothing of the Sherco.

My KTM has required less attention on setup than anything I have owned recently. I like it. It is all that the hype would lead you to believe. Am I faster on it? Yes. How much? We'll see if I qualify for the ISDE and I'll know then.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

My local dealer is a Sherco dealer as well as GG. I keep trying to get him to bring his 300i demo bike on a ride but we're constantly busy on the weekend the other is free. I've only taken it for a ride around the block, but FI worked well. No stalling, bogging, or hard starting issues. Power was smooooth and felt boring and lacking compared to the EC250T (big surprise). I bet it would be a weapon in the single track though. Chasis seemed neutral. Suspension was just that (Sachs shock, Paoli? OC forks). The bike is super light though, and feels it even when in action.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_upright View Post
1) I stall too easily in very slow enduro conditions which is actually because the motor makes so much torque so I shift up until there is little power available - this could be 2nd or 3rd at walking pace - then it's too easy to stall as the motor is probably doing 800rpm or something.
do you mean that you chug along in 2nd or even 3rd gear as fast as a human walks and then you wonder why the bike stalls while its at a near idle rpm?
am i reading this wrong?
if not, don't shift up...

Quote:
I don't want to shell out ?1000 on a rekluse on this old bike to fix the stalling issue.
see above

Quote:
2) The lack of build quality is getting to me - most races will see plastic shrouds coming away from the tank somewhere, the seat is cracked and has lost a lug etc etc
is that really the list of issues?
again I must be missing something here

at the risk of sounding like a dbag, is this for real????

I tried using the google translator from English to American but I didn't help...now im trying to sound like a dbag
2014 Beta Evo Factory 300
Old 03-27-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravan Monster View Post
Stay_Upright, what sort of riding are you doing ? Context may be relevant here. Especially if riding club enduros in the midlands, where I know I found the EC300 just too powerful [for my limited abilities ] on the wet clay that is common here. I'm enjoying the EC 200 much more. I'd be looking at 250 four strokes if I wanted to go down that path in this part of the world.
Yes when the going gets muddy (Shutbrough) you know about it the 300 is a torque
monster then when its on the pipe hold on. Wouldnt go back to a 4 banger with the stuff i do now.