GasGas Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   GasGas Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:45 PM

What gauge wire did you use to rewire the ground on the starter?

Also, another tip is use a dremel and ruler to grind some chain adjustment notches into the swingarm for easier chain adjustments.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

I used 10 guage wire.
I crimped the terminal end on the wire, put some liquid electrical tape on the joint, then heat shrinked the connection.

I cut the front mounting point off on the plastic cover. That way I would get a better grounding point.

A zip tie was used on the front for good measure.

Last edited by gasgasman; 05-01-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
I used 10 guage wire.

I crimped the terminal end on the wire, put some liquid electrical tape on the joint, then heat shrinked the connection.

I cut the front mounting point off on the plastic cover. That way I would get a better grounding point.

A zip tie was used on the fron for good measure.

I pitched the plastic cover in the bin. It was just a mud catcher.

Also when I got my CDI back from being reprogrammed, the dealer had given me a larger diameter positive battery cable too. I’m not sure if it was the CDI or the new cable that made the huge difference but the bike will cold start in gear now. Starting is flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post

Also when I got my CDI back from being reprogrammed, the dealer had given me a larger diameter positive battery cable too. I?m not sure if it was the CDI or the new cable that made the huge difference but the bike will cold start in gear now. Starting is flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2018 had the re-flashed CDI box and larger battery cable when I purchased it a couple of weeks ago. I have not had one issue with starting, cold, hot, in gear, etc. About 8 hours on the bike now.

As someone who had always poked fun at riders who want e-starts on their two-strokes, I am ashamed to admit I have not used the kick start once.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:26 PM

I replaced the stupid phillips head screws with Allen heads on top of the carburetor. M4 x.7 x 12mm. Picked them up at Ace Hardware for .95 cents each.