Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:40 PM

Default Fmf Fatty For Gg 300 '08?

I would like to take the FMF Fatty 300 for my'08, .. but I see in the FMF's website that exists only for FMF GG 2006,..not for 2008.
In various forums ensure that the 2006 muffler mounts easily on the chassis 08, .. but rather, before buy,
i'd like if somebody know if the mufflers 06-07-08 are compatible with each other ..

thanks to those who want to help me ..

Old 02-27-2009, 03:47 PM

What kind of power do you want? The FMF wakes up the bottom and gives a good and healthy mid range hit but sings off early. I think most American bikes come with a FMF which leads me to belive it will fit.

The GoFasters site has a 2008 to 2009 FMF pipe.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:30 PM

The newer FMF pipe is way different than the older pipe. The new one is an SST type pipe and it is similar to the DOMA or OEM 06 pipe. I had one of the new pipes on my 07 when I got it and loved it. I have a new aiting for when I have crushed the SPES that is on it now.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:09 AM

Default Fmfm Fatty

thanks to all for the answers.
I'm an italian rider, and I now I have a Messico pipe on my GG 300 08, but I'd like change it with a FMF Fatty (no Gnarly)..but in FMF website the Fatty seems available only till for GG 06, not for 07-08.
I like the midrange power of the Fatty, because I use many times my GG also in mx tracks, and it have just great bottom power...so I prefer a FATTY pipe.

Now I'd like know if someone have tried fit a 06 pipe on a 08 GG,..or can assure me that the pipe's sockets of the 06 and 08 are similar...so I can buy the FMF FATTY.

Regards

Andrea

*sorry for my bad english language
Old 02-28-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
The newer FMF pipe is way different than the older pipe. The new one is an SST type pipe and it is similar to the DOMA or OEM 06 pipe. I had one of the new pipes on my 07 when I got it and loved it. I have a new aiting for when I have crushed the SPES that is on it now.
What delineates "newer" vs. "older" in that context?

I've seen it mentioned here many times that the Fatty and Gnarly provide basically the same performance, the Gnarly is just built from heavier guage material. Is this "conventional wisdom" accurate and does it also apply to the "newer" FMF pipes?
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website
Old 02-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
Are you sure about this? Having an SST type pipe was the original plan - but I don't think it panned out that way.

Glenn can comment on the fmf fatty versus gnarly etc. My recollection of Glenn's comments are that they are nearly the same (fatty,gnarly) and don't deliver on top like a doma or oem.

jeff
aka webmaster ggrc