Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 08-04-2014, 08:40 PM

Default 2012 Ohlins lower shock bushing and Problem with shock.

Hi all. So my lower shock bushing on my 2012 EC300 is worn out. Unlike my 07 GasGas it is not a lower shock bearing in linkage. It seams to be a bushing that is pressed into the lower end of the shock shaft. I was wondering if anyone has changed this. I am thinking it must just press out. I tried to pry what looks like a sleeve with flanges on each end out, but it did not budge, even though it is moving up and down in the shock.I have gofasters contacting ohlins to get the part hopefully. Image below shows what it looks like even though its not the same shock.

Second problem is that after taking the shock off I hear what sounds like a ball bearing rolling around in the resivior....I assume thats no good. Just curious if anyone has any idea what that could be before I attempt to tear it apart or send it off.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Rubber Johnny had a thread/post with part numbers for the lower spherical bearing. I believe it may be retained by a circlip, but I haven't had to replace one myself.