Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:42 PM

Default Red Canyon Enduro

TSCEC is having a race this week end, it is the Red Canyon Enduro. This contest of ultimate motorcycling skill will be held in Fluvana Texas which is some where between Abilene, and Lubbock. Look me up if you make it out there ill be starting on row 28.

I injured my thumb training on my mountain bike but I'm hopeful for a good result.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck!!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:17 AM

Well, some how in a universe that defies all logic I won, again. It was a really cool property to ride, setting along a canyon with some 100' vertical walls, after the transfer sections people would walk around just site seeing. There were huge wind mills running the ridges along the property. We had the start of one test directly below one and rode under another. As the blades would rotate you could hear the air it was moving, that was the only noise it made. I find it amazing something so big and powerful can be almost silent. The course had a good mix of terrain from sandy creek bottoms to hard pack with plenty of rocks thrown into both. We spent all day dodging things that could poke holes in you, tons of mesquite trees and a good variety of cactus. The first five test sections were fun and not too challenging, the last two were butt kickers. I won three of the seven tests and had a pretty uneventful day for me. In the last test Don Hogan caught me riding from 5 rows back on a 2011 Nambontin, those are beautiful bike and he rides just as beautifully. I hope we ride this property next year, if so you must come.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Great job, as usual.

I see Haydn Franklin (GG) missed the Overall by 9 seconds.
What's that, like one bobble?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:08 AM

At the top of an a-line hill climb in the last section another AA rider wrecked in front of him taking out his front tire and putting them both on the ground, otherwise he would have won the overall.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm really liking these enduros, they are a lot of fun.

Ive really got my bike well sorted now, it runs great, i love it.