Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:26 AM

Hey Kyle, any news? We are all "rootin'" for you! "Floyd" sounds like a real "dick". Oops, sorry for the bad language I meant to say "ass", Politeness is not my strong suit.
Ed

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!

Old 09-16-2014, 08:31 PM

Just landed back in Chicago... Been in Dallas for work. I'm hoping there's a plate sitting in my pile of mail. Doubtful since they haven't cashed my check. Bastardos!! I'd be happy to have the title back at this point. I'm just going the Michigan title route I think.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:29 PM

Default Yesssssss!!!!

Just got a plate and sticker in the mail today!!! So my suggestion to anyone in Wisconsin- Mail that sucker in, check the magic box on the back of the application.

Happy camper.

In other news- Got my new (to me) EC250 out on the logging roads by my place up north, rode some sandy, rocky and very washed out (lots of rain up there lately) atv trails, some freshly cut inroads (cut by a D9 dozer, tons of big rocks, downed trees and knee deep mud) and all I can say is:

WHY DIDN'T I BUY ONE OF THESE YEARS AGO?!?!?

I scrambled effortlessly over sections of wash that would have had me stopped dead. Sandy climbs were accomplished with ease (usually on one wheel) Most surprising was the deep mud/ruts... the stuff that would have had me turning around... this bike absolutely tracks where I point it and if I'm resolved to getting through it- I usually emerge victorious. I took it a little easy as I was solo and just doing a shakedown run. I knew I'd be happy but never ever expected such a perfect experience. Best time on 2 wheels in a LONG time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3152.jpg (132.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-23-2014, 02:41 PM

Thumbs up

Awesome!!
16' Specialized Fatboy trail
02' ZRX 1200r R.I.P.
72' Olds 500ci, Batten Heads, Street/Drag car, former CarCraft magazine centerfold (has-been)
15' TW200
Old 09-23-2014, 02:44 PM

Hi,

I to ran into this issue, I have a plate from Washinton and when i went into the Alaska DMV they wanted to see the sticker on the frame before they would let me put an Alaskan plate on it... Please share if you find out where to get this sticker/stamp.

Nick
99 CR125
92 KDX220
92 YT250
88 XR80
Old 09-23-2014, 07:06 PM

The "sticker" just doesn't happen on a gasgas... My EC has a hi/low beam, horn, tail/stop lamp and provisions for signals should they be required- all of this is "homologation" provision- but does not get you the federal sticker... If Alaska is like WI then unfortunately the only way to be legit is to be less than honest.

Download a title application for AK, fill it out and look for the box that needs to be checked claiming that the sticker is present. Check it. Write a check, put the application/check/original title in an envelope and then cross fingers.

I'm not really down with suggesting someone be dishonest but there's simply not another way around it. Also, as suggested above, get it insured.

Good luck