Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECTim View Post
That's what I was thinking too but wasn't sure. Go figure, the right side spacer is on back-order from Spain.

If you could post a pic of your new one that would be great. Much appreciated!
I ll post pics but it will take some time cz i have to go on a short trip (2 days)...

Old 09-09-2014, 03:53 PM

Thanks a lot.

I pulled my wheel apart to do the bearings today and low & behold there was no hub washer between the inner and outer bearings on the drive side. That could cause a bind I'm sure. I put all new bearings & a washer in there mounted it up and it spins free as can be with no binding. The test will be mounting up the new chain and seeing if it's free then too.

I do believe the rotor side spacer should have a lip on it as it seats between the c-clip and dust seal nicely. I took a few pics of mine and will post them up later for comparison. If it binds after this....oh well...ride it like I stole it time.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:15 PM

Just finished installing the chain and torqued everything down (by hand not torque wrench) and it spins free as can be. I think 98nm is a bit shy of where it should be torqued to as that is just barely hand tight, IMO. I'm not risking losing an axle nut in the woods.

I'd say if anyone's rear wheel is binding, ensure your axle isn't caught on the pull tab (suggested earlier) and that you have the hub washer installed and installed properly.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:02 AM

Default Sorry...

..it took so long
from left:
brake side spacer -- sprocket side stepped spacer -- worn "old" washer (placed between bearings sprocket side before) -- "new" washer (placed between bearings sprocket side now)

greetings from austria
muellersq
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04.jpg (100.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (68.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (124.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (68.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 09-15-2014, 09:24 AM

Thanks, muellersq! Mine look identical so at least we're good there. My rear wheel is spinning free as a bird now with the new bearings and spacer. Prior owner must not of thought the spacer did anything. I can torque down the rear wheel and it spins just fine now.