Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil E. View Post
I assume the headlight switch has been replaced so you may have to look at how it's connected if you can't find the problem somewhere else. The "thing" in the air box with all the wires is your CDI. If the bike runs, don't mess with it. It is shown at the top center of the wiring diagram.
I'm not sure if the headlight switch was replaced, that's what was on the bike when I bought it. Definitely won't mess with the CDI, don't need anything else to deal with...lol.

So, an update after another frustrating couple hours. I followed the power line all the way back to the stator and spliced into it - connected 12v from there and the headlight was perfectly bright, just like all the other places I've connected (also tested

I also traced ground back to the CDI and grounded from there - headlight was nice and bright.

The only thing I haven't done is pull the cover off and get inside the stator (didn't have time today).

How do I measure the power output coming from the stator? This is the only thing I can think of, everywhere else I put 12V power, the headlight is bright

Is it completely unlikely that it's simply not putting enough juice out? And how the heck could I check it? I have a multi-meter, though other than checking battery voltage on bike batteries, I'm not versed in how to use it.

Thanks for any insight, might try and get back into it if there's time tomorrow. Otherwise, it'll wait until I pull everything apart for the top end.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:38 PM

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...ht=stator+ohms
Old 06-13-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post
Long story short, had one of the wires to the headlight plug snap. Once back home, I pulled the plug and soldered the wire to the connection in the plug thinking that would resolve the issue.
It seems odd that the problem started with a broken wire (assuming that the headlight was properly bright before the break happened).