Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
skidad did you get down to kennys place in RI? they have the 07 on the floor as well as a few used race bikes for sale,not much in parts at all,but they can order anything,if it was nicer out,they might even let you test ride one of the older 05 or 06 used models they have there
Yup, that's where I saw the new 07. I spent about 1.5 hours checking the bike out and Jim Senecal's race bike. Really my first good look at the GG bike. I thought the 07's came with the 2K2 and was surprised to see the wire exiting at the 2:00 position indicating the 2K3. I liked the bike allot. Not as refined as a new KTM but no deal breakers really and how they work is the most important thing to me. I also love the "different factor" of the GG bike brand. I'm like that. Parts don't worry me to much, I would just need to be a little more pro-active with certain spares on hand and hey, I can always track you down. Fury, I need to try your 300 at some point but no rush at all. I would also like to try a 200 just because it could be such a tight woods weapon here in N.E.

Skidad in MA

Old 01-08-2008, 06:13 AM

Look at how many guys here still ride older GGs, that should say something.

I have a 2K-3 on the shelf I've been keeping for a spare. Originally I planned to swap it in and out of my '03 for various conditions but I really like the 2K-2 with either a 10 or 14 oz weight the best and have no desire to use the 2K-3. Its like brand new, came out of my '03 after a couple months. I may be willing to trade for a new/like new 2K-2, so if you get a bike with one and really need the 2K-3, no worries.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Skidad,

I wish I knew your coming down. I could I would have met you with my 250 and you could have taken it for a spin.

If you do come down again, let me know and I'll try to meet up with you.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:50 AM

This is a subject for another thread, but maybe we should all try and ride together this summer. Like a northeast thing. The WUDI that Jim Cook and friends do always sounded like fun, but its just not practical for me to travel that far away from the family to ride for a couple days. NE would be no problem though.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Super idea. Of course, planning these things can a nightmare with everyones personal and NETRA/ECEA schedules.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff View Post
Skidad,

I wish I knew your coming down. I could I would have met you with my 250 and you could have taken it for a spin.

If you do come down again, let me know and I'll try to meet up with you.
Darn, I had all my riding gear too...just in case. I'll get a ride sooner or later.

Thanks for the offer

Skidad in MA
Old 01-08-2008, 06:25 PM

Pick a date before my wife fills in my calander for the whole season(I'm not kidding!). For anybody with a ds bike there is a great ds event right here in Jim Thorpe end of may..
Steve
Old 01-08-2008, 08:46 PM

Hey, if I don't have a GG bike by then maybe I could come along and try a sampling of all the different flavors? Even though I ride a KTM it's an older 97 model that's kind of yellow/orange, some call it pumpkin orange. Perhaps I'll blend in and no one will notice It even has Marzocchi forks and an Ohlin shock with linkage to seal the deal. Well??????

Skidad in MA
Old 01-08-2008, 09:06 PM

The pre 98 ktms were good bikes.. If I still have both of mine by the time the snow melts your welcome to try my 97 or my 03..
Steve
Old 01-08-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
This is a subject for another thread, but maybe we should all try and ride together this summer. Like a northeast thing.
Well, set up a ride then - I'm game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
The WUDI that Jim Cook and friends do always sounded like fun, but its just not practical for me to travel that far away from the family to ride for a couple days.
I think we could come up with more than a couple of days worth of riding if you want to make the trip. White Rock Mountain, AR and Chadwick, MO are just a couple of hours away from this year's WUDI.