Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like we will be doing Durhamtown this time. Maybe Highland park next year.

Hey Rod OS.

How about swinging a few 2014 bikes for us to try?

Old 03-08-2014, 07:02 AM

We rode there a few weeks ago, go every year on SX weekend in Alt. The only good single track left there is way on the back far corner, across the "cement bridge." They're not even on the map really. Find the "cement bridge" on the map, go there, cross over and look for the "moose" trails. About 5-6 very nice loops back there. On the way the "gncc" trails (that's what is on the sign) are another 3 decent loops, not single track and muddy but still fun. Other than that d-town is all mx tracks and bulldozer roads. Several years back they had some better stuff but it got worn out from some rainy HS racing. Its easy to burn more gas in your pressure washer than your bike if you get on the wrong "trail" in d-town. Beware the parking lot riders, biggest hazard out there. Rode Highland park a few years ago. If its wet please take their "black diamond" marking system to heart, you'll be glad you did.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:24 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have been to DP a couple of times in the past few weeks. They have been doing some work around the place. There are 2 new singletrack bike only trails in the "moose" trails section and 1 or 2 have been closed for repair.

It is likely to be very wet in the lowlands area due to the rain today and tomorrow, so I won't be going this weekend for a scouting report.
It wasn't too bad last weekend even though it had rained a couple of days during the week. The GNCC trail is still a decent workout.

The ride for kids charity ride is the 27 just down the road from DP in Washington GA @ Aonia Pass MX. Some great woods there and they sometimes use part of the GNCC and SORCS course as part of the loop. Since it is not a race and just a fun day for a good charity, they tend to keep the trail manageable for most skill levels. They will also have a fun and fast grass track and a kids woods loop that is separate from the main woods trail.

I will try to come out to DP and meet some of you but the plan is to take the family to the charity ride for a family ride day and I may not get the appropriate hall pass for additional ride days.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

I appreciate the advice guys.

We'll be leaving Houston Wednesday morning.

If any of you do make it, look for a lifted F150 with red Texas plates that say "FASTOYS".