Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Mid-West Forum

Old 06-11-2017, 01:38 PM

Default Looking for trail riding partners in Michigan

I decided to create a seperate thread for this, so:

I'm still looking for riding partners for trails in Michigan, but now I would like to plan 2 to 3 day trips over weekends to knock out some sections of MCCCT that I have yet to ride, specifically from Fife Lake to Indian River, and Indian River back down to Gladwin. I like to do about 120-140 miles a day (with gas and food stops), either 60-70 out and back, or if it is possible to stage vehicles at both ends, all in one direction. I'm also open to riding 50" ORV or motorcycle only loops, especially the few I haven't done yet.

I'm 45 years old and have been riding since I was 15. I like to ride at a fun but safe speed. I carry a good assortment of tools, a tube, and have my bike street legal and set up with a USB charger to use GPS (on my phone). I've ridden alone a few times, but it's safer and more fun to ride with at least one other person. And it's an opportunity to meet fellow trail riders.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM

Old 06-13-2017, 02:14 PM

Here is the ride I am planning for 6/17 and 6/18. I will be leaving from a relative's house near Mio and riding to Indian River and staying the night on day 1. On day 2 I will be riding from Indian River to a family cabin near Fife Lake and then getting a ride back to my relatives to retrieve my vehicle. Each day is broken into 3 segments with gas and food stops, the longest being 55 miles. I plan to leave by 6:30 in the morning and finish around 4 or 5 in the afternoon each day. I'll have each segment programmed in my GPS.

This is all MCCCT that overlaps with Mio, Hunt Creek, Atlanta, Tomahawk, Kalkaska, Leetsville, and Grand Traverse trails. Forecast calls for a few showers to help with the heat and dust.

It would be great to meet up with other riders for this trip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ride.jpg (16.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-14-2017, 07:53 AM

I created a Facebook group to facilitate finding riding partners and scheduling riding events. The group is called Michigan Motorcycle Trail Riders. You are invited to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1550924744939698/

Tags
buddy, michigan, partner, riding, trail